Monday, May 20, 2013

Wash Day

Have you ever had one of those wash days that just felt like it just wouldn't end? 

Ugh...I felt like I've been washing my hair for days. Saturday, I went to moisturize and detangle my hair, and realized that there was no coming back from my dry roots. It wouldn't matter how much I  L.O.C'd with Tea Spray, Argan oil, and Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector, my hair needed to be washed. So I gently detangled, added some Nexxus Hydra-Light Conditioner, then hopped into the shower to rinse. Yeah---that didn't help at all. I had no choice but to move on. I applied a big dollop of Nexxus Hydra-Light Foaming Leave In quickly tshirt dried hair. Yeah---that just made it worse. I let it air dry, took some time to compose myself, then tried to detangle adding in HETSSEP. That helped a little. All I could do was throw it up into a Minute to Win it Style and pray that my hair didn't look as bad as it felt. (Gracias a Dios por Minute to Win it Styles!) When I went to wash, I just prayed that I wouldn't have glops and loodies of long strand breakage and shedding. I was lucky this time---but I needed to nip all this dryness in the bud and get back to my stretching basic techniques. 

(0) Detangled- in vertical sections with my magic rake.
(1) Pre-poo- with an essential oil blend on my scalp and extra virgin coconut oil on the length of my hair. I let the pre-poo soak in for about 30 minutes. 
(2) Shampoo- I lathered twice with Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo in sections concentrating the shampoo on my roots. 
(3) Tea Rinse- To thwart breakage, I used 2 black tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water for my tea rinse. I applied with a narrow tip applicator and let it hang out in my hair for 5 minutes. 
(4) Smoothing Treatment- Next, I rinsed the tea out and applied Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment (I reversed the order of my tea rinse and deep condition this wash) I really do love this treatment. I'm on a no buy strike for a few months but I'm running out! Eek!
(5) Extreme Deep Condition- My hair absolutely needed a long soak in some conditioner. I added a mix Halka Baba de Caracol and Roux Porosity Control Conditioner to my hair, and then coated my strands in extra virgin coconut oil. I deep conditioned for hours under my heating cap. During my final rinse, my hair still didn't feel as moisturized as it usually does after a mini wash, but it was much much better than Saturday's mass of tangles!
(6) Air Dry- 100%
(7) Leave ins- Detangled using the 2 comb method and then added It's a 10 Miracle Leave in and Chi Silk Infusion

Results: 
Big fluffy air dried hair! After 2 days of jumping in and out of the shower, deep conditioning forever, and detangling 10-15 SSKs---my happy hair is back. I kicked L.O.C'ing aside this week to give myself some time to think about why my roots were so dry to begin with. Last week's tea spray was 1 green tea and 1 peach ginger tea bag. Maybe peach ginger tea doesn't like my hair. I also used Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector to seal instead of Jessicurl's Too Shea Conditioner. Maybe Age in ATL from Loving MY Hair
was right. That stuff is great when your deep in a stretch. 

I'm so happy that this wash day is over. Now back to The Bun Effect! 10 more days; I hope that I can make it!

Was your wash day as long and drawn out as mine?
Un mil besitos!
KLP   

8 comments:

  1. I have soooo been there! Btw I am absolutely loving your bun 30 in 30 series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you did to your blog, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jas. The tech nerd comes out in me every so often and goes crazy with changes. :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you were able to get your " Happy Hair" back! We all have those unfortunate days when your hair just doesn't want to work with you!

    Btw love the new header! :)

    www.lengtheninglocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tired of washing but I wasn't going to stop until my hair was back to normal! Thank goodness for moisturizing detangling shampoos, Porosity conditioners, and heat caps!

      WOOT!

      Delete
  4. LOL @ a wash day that never ends! Girl, I have had those wash days, when my hair is acting REAL disrespectful. Glad the Jessicurl is still working out. BTW-I tried the citrus scent and I honestly didn't care for it. I preferred the island fantasy scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disrespectful wasn't the half of it!

      I'm going to try the Jessicurl again after next week's wash. This week I'm using It's a 10 and Bee Mine Curly curly butter to tame my mane!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!