Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Bun Effect: 30 in 30 (Day 11)

Romantic Low Chignon

Inspired by a few chignon's worn on the Red Carpet over the last few months, I really do love how this style turned out. I'm not sure that I could have the same smooth polished look if my hair had been air dried, so I'm glad that I tried this one on straightened sleek hair. I'm all about simple and sweet styles. This one could definitely qualify for the Minute to Win it Series. 

Quick How To: 
  1. Detangle and moisturize your hair.
  2. Split your hair into a side part. 
  3. Tease the top of your crown for a little volume if working with straight hair. 
  4. Sweep all of your hair to the side, twist toward your face then and roll into a large pin curl. 
  5. Insert a hair pin through your pin curl to secure the ends. 
  6. Secure the left and right side of the pin curl then fluff for volume and a loose romantic look.
I'm not the biggest fun of hair spray, but this style's romantic feel might need a little hold to maintain it's look for a full day without having to touch it up.  

Un mil besitos!
KLP

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to have longer hair to do cute buns like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dee! I think that APL and longer hair could pull off this look. If you're not there yet---you'll be soon---and fake it til you make it. Try using this French Hair Roller from Sally's or your local beauty shop: http://www.sallybeauty.com/victory-rolls/FUSGRP02,default,pd.html

      I have one, but I haven't quite figured out how to use it properly. If you have ideas---some them my way!

      Besitos

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!