Thursday, May 09, 2013

The Bun Effect: 30 in 30 (Day 9)

 
Double Crown Braided Ballerina Bun

This style is street inspired. I literally stopped a lady in my commissary and asked her how she created this super cute do. Sometimes you just can't let a stunner like this one walk by! She rocked the double crown braids with her hair down in loose curls. I made it my own by pulling everything up into a quick messy top knot. My daughter told me that I looked like the ballerina in her library book. Viola. The Double Crown Braided Ballerina Bun was born. This style is perfect for when a regular big bun is boring but you still want your hair up, pretty and polished.

Quick How to: 
  1. Begin with detangled and moisturized hair. (My hair was previously straightened and the "curls" are from the side bun in The Bun Effect: 30 in 30 Day 4) Create a side part. Pull your bang sections back and secure with hair pins at the crown of your hand.
  2. Grab a medium section of hair under your pulled back bang and braid to the ends. 
  3. Flip the braid over to cross over the crown of your head and secure at the ends with a pin. 
  4. Repeat braid and pin on the opposite side.
  5. Pull all of the loose hair up into a messy top knot. 
  6. Fluff knot for volume.
Un mil besitos! 
KLP 

2 comments:

  1. this is so lovely. my favorite so far. i like how simple it is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bebe! Too many things in life are way to complicated. Cute high buns don't have to be! Ha-ha!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!