Saturday, May 04, 2013

The Bun Effect: 30 in 30 (Day 4)

Chicas,

Here's a quick look at my Day 4 30 in 30 bun style. My great friend (and sorority sister) is getting married today and I opted to get my hair professionally straightened for my up-do.

Our stylist for the day was June Lankford of Personally Yours Healthy Hair. First, I want to say that June was amazing. Professional. On time. Detail orientated. My hair has never been this straight or shiny before! Look at my roots! We settled on an updo for the wedding, as the ceremony was outside, and I wanted to pen a "Bun Effect" post in the process. (Ha-ha! Funny how blogging affects the rest of your life!)

Here's how she created this style: 
  1. She started the style on freshly washed, conditioned, blow-dried, and flat-ironed hair.
  2. Next she created a deep side part, reserved a large section of the front of my hair for the side swept bang. 
  3. She applied a small amount of Influance Glazed Edges to my edges to smooth them out. Then pulled my hair into a low side bun. Securing with hair pins.
  4. She used a flat iron to curl the side swept bang and applied Influance Shine Spray  and just a tad of Chi Enviro Flex Hold Hair Spray to finish.
Simply created in perfection. I loved everything about this style and I'm happy that I had it professionally done even though it's super easy to re-create at home.








Personally Yours Healthy Hair
June Lankford
Richmond, Virginia
(804) 200-8645
stylistic2u@yahoo.com

Un mil besitos!
KLP   


8 comments:

  1. Your hair looks lovely, KLP! Have fun at the wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I had a blast...and I'll need the week to recover! LOL!

      Delete
  2. beautiful hairstyle.
    love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks great. Very cute bun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SG! When I looked at the pictures, I thought---OMG that looks like a weave! LOL. But it's definitely my hair!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!