Monday, May 13, 2013

Mini Wash Day

I never thought that I would be saying this but---I was so over my straightened hair! I think that I got a little spoiled from my air dried big voluminous buns. This wash day couldn't have come sooner! I noticed a little short strand breakage during the week, so I grabbed a light protein conditioner for today's wash.

(0) Detangled- with my Magic Rake


(1) Extreme Deep Condition- I applied Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Scalp Toner and my essential oil blend to my scalp. I then applied Organix Repairing Awaphui Ginger Instant Recovery Mask to the length of my hair. Lastly, I massaged a little Extra Virgin Coconut oil to seal the conditioner, concentrating on my roots and ends. I covered with a plastic cap  and the sat under a heating cap for 2 hours.
(2) Tea Rinse with 1 green tea bag and 1 peach ginger tea bag plus 2 cups of water. I felt like keeping the ginger theme going. I applied with a narrow tip applicator and then let the rinse sit on my hair for about 5 minutes. 
(3) Smoothing Treatment I massaged Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment into my hair (without rinsing the tea first) and let sit for about 5 minutes. I rinsed with cool water. 
(4) Air Dry- wrapped air in a cotton t-shirt to dry for about 30 minutes.
(5) Leave-ins- In sections I first detangled then L.O.C'd with Tea Spray, Argan oil, and Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector

Results- Big hair is back!! Woot! My hair was really soft yet strong, manageable, and really easy to detangle. I had just a little shed hair. I L.O.C'd the week before my salon wash and when my hair was straightened it was incredibly soft and felt really moisturized. In fact, I didn't even need to moisturize daily last week. I still did---and my hair felt a little over moisturized and weighed down by the week's end. 

I hope that everyone is enjoying The Bun Effect Series. The rest of May will be full of air dried styles, as I'm going (to try) to go heat free until my next relaxer. Its hard to believe that I'm 6 weeks post already. Time flies when you're having fun!

Un mil besitos
KLP

4 comments:

  1. Oh my !!! I need to try the Philip Kingsley products.
    I am trying to not use no heat and air dry until my next relaxer too . Now that I am 7 weeks post it's hard to air dry beacause of my new grwoth (usually I start to rollerset my hair when I'm 5 wekks pos).

    (sorry for my english )

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee---your ingles is great! I'm not that great of a roller-setter plus I don't have time to sit under anyone's dryer for hours. My roots are just too thick for all of that! Ha-ha!

      To go heat free for weeks you have to have the motivation---and be willing to learn a few styles to get you through. Trust me--Your hair will thank you for it!

      Thanks for following!

      Besitos

      Delete
  2. I agree with you on straight hair being overrated! I love big hair, especially since my strands are so fine and easy to get weighed down.Loving the bun effect series btw

    lengthylovelylocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl---I wouldn't have even put overrated and straight hair in the same sentence in 2012! I hope that this helps me get to MBL by the end of the year. Thanks for your support chica! I can't wait to see your relaxer results in a few days!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!