Friday, July 05, 2013

"Who Goin Check Me Boo!?" Mid-year review!


Half of 2013 is in the history books already! Let's see how our yearly goals are looking!

KLP's 2013 Hair Goals:
  1. Length. After my shedding fiasco last spring, I want to implement some products or techniques to prevent shedding this year and hopefully I'll be MBL by the end of the year. Check! My shedding is at bay thanks to Tea Rinses, Relaxing my mind, and Philip Kingley Scalp Toner
  2. Trimming. I cut over 6 inches of my hair last year. This year, I hope to only micro-trim on relaxer days. Fail. After my March relaxer I trimmed a smidge over an inch. I probably didn't really need the trim; I hope that I don't regret it at the end of the year. I promise to only mirco-trim after my next relaxer!
  3. Relaxing. I'm about 95% tex-laxed now. Last year, I stretched for 16-20 weeks a time. But I think that these super lengthy stretches may have caused more breakage than I'm comfortable with. This year, I want to reduce the number of weeks between relaxers to 12 and a max of 16 weeks. In progress--I'm currently intend on relaxing at 13 weeks post later this week.
  4. Moisture. Moisture. Moisture. I want to shop for a creamy moisturizing leave-in conditioner for daily moisturizing and sealing. Then I want to be sure to do an extreme deep condition at every wash day. (Extreme Deep conditioning layers an oil over the conditioner covered with a plastic cap and then under indirect heat for at least 30 minutes before rinsing with cool water) Check! I'm in love with
    HETSSEP and surprisingly Jessicurl's Too Shea Conditioner (Review pending).
  5. Journaling. I've maintained an offline healthy hair journal since 2010. I've considered blogging tons of times, but I'm a very private person. But I'm finally challenging myself to step outside of my comfort zone. (With the help of my hair bestie and co-author of SOS Hair Keyda) Check!
  6. Styling. This year I'm going to be all about the protective styling. Although, I love feeling my hair flowing in the wind, running after two little ones, makes that simply impractical most days. I want to create tons of go to styles for when I'm short on time. Check! Thanks to The Bun Effect Series
  7. Sweating. I know. This sounds bizarre, but I noticed that when I was on my workout grind, my hair grew like a weed! Plus, my body benefited too! I want to commit to at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes. Check! I've decreased my workouts from 5 days a week to just 3 times. In its place--swimming at the pool, chasing butterflies with my little ones at the park, and crushing the hubby at badminton on the beach. Perfect bait and switch for the summer! 
Keyda's 2013 Hair Goals:

  1. Make Goals. Journaling. I know...I know..How can that be a goal!? Well, to be honest, I have always been so "wishy-washy" with direct goals! But with help of my HAIR MENTOR/Co-author KLP, I have realized that I can only see progress with my hair if I make goals like I do in every other aspect of my life! In progress --I write in my journal weekly and blog now!
  2. Purchase Useful/Efficient Products. I do not want to become a product junky but I do need to increase my "supply cabinet". I want to shop for more helpful products that help growth and retain length for my hair. In progress--with research and trial/error, I have been purchasing more helpful items!
  3. Self-Relaxing. I have been trying to master successfully relaxing my hair on my own without salon help. My hair is also texlaxed due to a long stretch but I will be also reducing my weeks in-between relaxers. In progress-- I had a lapse last stretch and went to salon because I really wanted a trim/bangs...I ended up with a cut :( lesson learned...stay with my main girl lol or DIY
  4. Trimming. I hope to successfully trim my ends on relaxer days. In progress--Look above!
  5. Moisture. Protein. Moisture. I want to develop and strengthen a good balance between protein and moisture treatments. I also want to truly do more Extreme Deep Conditions and find a solid 2nd deep conditioner. In progress! - I have been doing much better with moisture, however I need to remember protien treatments every so often!
  6. Styling with less/no heat. I lived with my flat iron last year and those before. However, I plan on utilizing my flat iron less to not at all this year. In progress--Look at our Minute to Win it Series.
  7. Length. I have not kept a keen eye on my length always. I have always just let my hair grow and then cut it really short, and do it all over again! However, I plan on growing my hair to BSB or close to it by end of year! In progress --I am now at my shoulders due to my cut :/

How are you accomplishing your 2013 Hair goals?

Un mil besitos!

KLP & Keyda  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!