Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mini Wash

I love the summer months. They are filled with birthdays, anniversaries, block parties, and BBQs. I've been on the go without much time to fiddle with my hair. Since my last wash I've co-washed twice using Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner and I've been moisturizing and sealing using Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Nectar Leave In Conditioner and Koils by Nature Nourishing Hair and Body Butter (Heavenly Delight). I'm totally in love with this combo, especially the hair and body butter. I've never been a "butter" person, in fact this is the first butter that I've used, and I truly don't want to be without it. Keep a lookout for this review! 

After dousing my hair with so much moisture all week, I opted for a light protein deep condition in this week's mini wash to keep my hair balanced. 


Mini Wash Products
Tea Rinse and Smoothing Treatment
  1. Detangled- using my Magic Star Jumbo Rake seamless comb.
  2. Extreme Deep Condition- with JBCO on my scalp and Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with Extra Virgin Coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and relaxed under my heat cap for about 2 hours. 
  3. Tea Rinse- I rinsed the conditioner then with 2 green tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water plus a few drops of peppermint, eucalyptus, and rosemary essential oils, I applied my tea rinse using a narrow tip applicator. I let it sit for a few minutes and rinsed. 
  4. Smoothing Treatment- Next, I applied a dollop of Nexxus Hydralight Weightless Moisture Conditioner, massaged it in from root to tip for a minute or two then rinsed. I'm all out of my go to smoothing conditioner, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment. Keyda raves about this conditioner, but my hair just isn't feeling the same love; I figured that I needed to use it up so that I can make room for more goodies.
  5. Air Dried- 50% wrapped in a cotton t shirt. 
  6. Leave-ins- Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Nectar Leave In Conditioner and Koils by Nature Nourishing Hair and Body Butter (Heavenly Delight)
Results:
From Left to right: pre-wash,
shower shed and post wash
Hair after EDC with heat
Moisturized, soft, big, fluffy hair plus very little shed hair. Very very little. I didn't believe it myself. I only had about 5-10 lost strands in the shower. Impressive to say the least. I'd love to attribute it to the Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner, but I want to use this one just one more time before I'll believe their "96% less breakage after one use?" line. However, once again, It absorbed into my hair like butter. When I was done putting in the conditioner, I felt like all the product was gone. It's not oily and even though I would stick it with a protein conditioner label, it's well balanced. Meaning that my hair feels soft yet very strong after use.

Why did I mix my essential oils into my tea rinse? Meh. No real reason. I just forgot to EDC (Extreme Deep Condition) with my essential oil mixture. I'll definitely do that again. My scalp felt refreshed and super clean after my wash. 

Post wash, I usually detangle when my hair is 70-80% dry. I decided to attempt wet detangling, hoping to have smoother air dried hair and less knots. I didn't loose anymore hair than normal but I was super gentle with my hair. The week shall reveal if it was worth it!

How was your most recent wash day? 

Besitos!
KLP

6 comments:

  1. It is hard to keep up top of the hair regimen in summer indeed!

    Great mini wash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! I'm down to the basics chica. Deep Conditioning + daily moisturizing and sealing.

      Thanks for following!

      Delete
  2. Is that the normal amount of shedded hair you lose weekly? I asked because mine looks like that as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. From left to right: Pre-wash detangle, Shower shed, and Post-wash detangle.

    The shower shed is far less than I usually loose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently started using the Paul Mitchel Super Skinny Daily Treatment and so far I'm loving it! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad that you love it! It's funny how well a product can work if you use it the right way. When I first got my hands on PMSSDT I used it as a deep conditioner. Bad. Idea. Epic. Fail. Ha-ha!

      Thanks for commenting Courtnea!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!