Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Kitchenista Hair Products That I'm Anxious To Try

Shocker alert: I love mixing my own hair cocktails and concoctions. I know---that's no surprise if you've been following SOS Hair for a little while. Ha-ha! My husband just shakes his head when he sees tea steeping or me mashing up an avocado hair smoothie. After being married for 5 years, he doesn't even bother asking. Any who, here are some recipes for a few kitchenista hair products that I'm anxious to try:

Loco Leave-In

Ingredients:
1 part of your favorite moisturizing co washing conditioner (Mine is Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner)
1 part Aloe Vera juice

Directions:
Mix the ingredients together well. Apply this leave-in daily when your hair needs a moisture lift then seal with an oil or butter. 

Whipped Butter

Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup aloe vera gel
½ cup shea butter


Directions:
Mix the ingredients together using a hand mixer on low speed. Apply this whipped butter to freshly washed damp hair for locking in moisture or use it for twisting.

What are you favorite kitchenista cocktails?

Besitos!

KLP

4 comments:

  1. whipped shea butter is something I will definitely try in the future but mostly for my body as a body butter. on my hair I only trust coconut oil as the holy grail sealant at the moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally in love with Koils by Nature Hair & Body Butter. I've been using that stuff on everything.

      Delete
  2. The LOCO method is amazing. I love LOC, LOCO and LOCB! Yum....AVG is not my friend with being low porosity but this mixture sounds like moisturizing magic.

    http://relaxedthairapy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same thing that I was thinking. I'm not sure how my hair will react to aloe vera juice but I've used a few aloe-loaded gels that have been very good to my hair. I'm so excited!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!