Monday, July 29, 2013

Mini Wash

Spin twice a week + Spray fountain with the kiddos + Running twice a week + Biking a few miles with the hubby = not much time to play around with my hair. But just because you're busy, it doesn't mean that you have to neglect your hair. I co-washed twice last week and I've been sure to moisturize and seal daily. I did a bantu knot set, wore them out for two days then rocked curly buns. I'm only 3 weeks post, but my hair has been easy breezy lately. It feels full of moisture yet strong.

This week, I hit my hair with on overnight deep treatment with Halka Baba de Caracol and followed up with a black tea rinse just to keep my moisture/protein balance in check.
Mini Wash Products
  1. Detangled- using my Magic Star Jumbo Rake seamless comb.
  2. Extreme Deep Condition- with JBCO on my scalp and Halka Baba de Caracol on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with Bee Mine Bee Loved Hair and Scalp Moisturizer, covered with a plastic cap and relaxed under my heat cap for about 2 hours. I've tried using this Bee Mine a couple of ways. I'm not sure if I'm being heavy handed or not, but it feels incredibly thick and really weighs down my hair. I thought that it would be perfect for sealing in my deep conditioner though!
  3. Tea Rinse- I rinsed the conditioner then with 2 black tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water plus a few drops of peppermint, eucalyptus, and rosemary essential oils, I applied my tea rinse using a narrow tip applicator. I let it sit for a few minutes and rinsed. 
  4. Smoothing Treatment- Next, I applied a large dollop of Nexxus Hydralight Weightless Moisture Conditioner, massaged it in from root to tip for a minute or two then rinsed. I love Nexxus products and I was super anxious to try this one, but my hair just isn't feeling the love; I'm forcing myself to use it up so that I can make room in my stash.
  5. Air Dried- 90% with silk scarf.
  6. Leave-Ins- Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Nectar Leave In Conditioner and Koils by Nature Nourishing Hair and Body Butter (Heavenly Delight)
Results: 
Top: Naked Air Dried 90%
Bottom: Lost hair
L to R- Pre-wash, Shower, Post-wash
I wish that y'all could feel my hair. It's so soft and light. I had my normal amount of lost hair; only slightly more than last week's wash with Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner. Last week, I detangled wet, I didn't notice an increase in smoothness or a decrease in tangles. Everything was the same as when I detangle dry. I think that I'm more comfortable with damp detangling, but I'm glad that I tested now at 3 weeks post instead of in a few weeks. Detangling is a different monster with more curly roots.   Last summer, I was slightly appalled by the slight of my ends, but this summer, I'm quite content. I didn't micro trim after my last relaxer, so I'll probably straighten some time soon and get my trim on. I only have about an inch of bone-straight ends left! I've been debating on whether or not I should just baby my ends and wait to trim at the end of the year or if I should just go for it now. 

 A penny for your thoughts?  

Besitos!  
KLP

2 comments:

  1. Tea rinse is great for shedding. Your hair looks really healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nerline! I love my tea rinses. They are definitely here to stay in the regimen!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!