Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Mini Wash

The sun setting on my last night on holiday
Protein Powered Mini Wash

I wanted to give my hair a quick shot of protein before I relax later this week to strengthen my hair after days of co-washing on holiday. Moisture overload is real! I totally didn't feel like doing a full wash (read: hopping in and out of the shower several times); Enter my quickie protein packed mini wash: 
Pre-wash Shed Hair

  1. Wash Day Products
    Detangled carefully and gently using my Magic Star Jumbo Rake seamless comb.
  2. Extreme Deep Condition- with JBCO and my essential oil blend on my scalp then a mix of One 'n Only Argan Oil Restorative Mask and Organix Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Instant Recovery Mask  on the length of my hair. I coated the ends of my hair with Grapeseed oil, covered with a plastic cap, and DIY Steamed an hour.
  3. Tea Rinse- with 2 green tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water. I applied to my hair using a narrow tip applicator, let it sit for a few minutes, then rinsed.
  4. Smoothing Treatment- Next, I applied a dollop of Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment, massaged it in from root to tip for a minute or two then rinsed. 
  5. Air Dried- 80% with a cotton t-shirt
  6. Hair after applying EDC
  7. Leave-ins- Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner and Chi Silk Infusion. I really loved this combo from my last wash and wanted to try it again. 
Results:  
More of the usual big fluffy hair. I really love the way that my curly roots spring up at the delight of moisture. I'm praying that my ends are in good shape and that I don't get the urge to snip more than 1/2 inch after my touch up. Keyda's threatened to stone me if I do. Ha-ha! I'm excited that I made it heat free for 8 weeks. I don't remember how long I went heat free last stretch, but this time felt easier. Thanks to all of your suggestions, I'm going with ORS Olive Oil Lye Relaxer. Fingers crossed that my hair loves it!

Besitos!
KLP



6 comments:

  1. With all the TLC you've been giving your hair, protective styling and the fact that you avoided heat I'm sure your ends are in great shape. I really hope you like the ORS Olive Oil Relaxer. Can't wait to see your results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading about you mini wash! Sounds like a full wash for me!
    Good luck with the relaxer, and double fingers crossed for your ends! Can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling! I actually dread full wash days because mini washing is just so easy. One hop into the shower and DONE!

      Delete
  3. Nice Mini wash. Easy, my favorite kind! I'm looking forward to your relaxer post.

    notjustmyhair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!