Monday, December 09, 2013

Weekly Wishes

Mean people suck; Cruel for no reason; Nasty without provocation. BUT, not the lovely readers of this blog. Or perhaps its our ridiculously sunny no-rude-people-allowed demeanor scaring them away. *shrugs* Nonetheless the care and concern that you guys showed me last week made my heart happy. The prayers that you whispered lifted my spirit. And for that, I'm ever thankful. Last week, I got a look at the big picture and here's how I changed my perspective:
  1. Ask for forgiveness: When I let fear and doubt take over, I'm making a clear concise choice not to trust in God. When poopy times roll in, it's time to trust God and just hold on. It's not going to feel good. I won't understand. I'll probably never get it. But my God does.
  2. Pretty Girl Night: All of my friends know that my favorite part of going out is getting ready. There were many a time that I would get fancy with my hair---then go watch trash tv. There is just something relaxing about it all. Some people go to therapy, I chalk my hair pink. To each her own. 
  3. Get Grateful: As I watched my minions decorate our Christmas tree, there was no room for sadness or sorrow on my heart. All that I have and especially what I don't have is indeed a blessing. 
  4. Be Silly: I married my superhero hubby because he is sillier than I am. Plus, he's super cute and still had an original super Nintendo. How could I say no? #dontjudgeme! Saturday, he scored matching "Classically Trained" official tees for us. If you're nerds like us (or know someone who is), you can get yours from Amazon here. I gave him his Call Of Duty video game; he totally deserved it. But, I probably won't see him until Groundhogs day. The sounds of warfare coming from his man cave will be my only hint that he's still alive until he beats the game.
  5. Eat Chocolate: Homemade From Scratch. Chocolatey. Brownies. ¿Necesito decir más? Claro que si, I didn't think so.
I'm starting to think that my poopy weekend was reverse #TeamNice in action. I guess that it proves the old adage: "You reap what you sow." And I'm grateful that I sowed kindness! Because I've got a pep back in my step, I'm wishing to keep up the laser focus that prevented me from working over the weekend so that I could enjoy my family and I've totally got to get my Christmas cards/assorted gifts in the mail this week.

What's your wish this week? Big it big or small--speak it into existence! And if you want more Weekly Wishes, check out Melyssa @ The Nectar Collective.
Besitos!   KLP

12 comments:

  1. You guys sound like a couple hubby and I could hangout with. I love your wishes. My wish is that I get to finish Christmas shopping on time. Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! The earlier we can get done with Christmas shopping the better right?!

      Delete
  2. I wish I can finally learn how to flat twist :-D its been an absolute nightmare trying and failing even after watching the YouTube tutorials countless times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you get it---there will be no stopping you chica! Buena suerte on your wish!

      Delete
  3. I feel like "you reap what you sow" is always used negatively, but I like that you used it in such a positive way! If we sow kindness, we'll get it back! :) I'm glad that things are going better from you, based off of what I read in this post! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a difference a week can make right? #TeamNice all the way! Who doesn't need more positive pixie dust on their life anyway? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love this post!
    And I thought I was the only one who truly enjoyed the getting ready part more than the going out! Haha. Yes, I can be weird with someone else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot for the weird ones! By the time that I'm done getting ready to go. I'm tried anyway!

      Delete
  5. LOVE these ideas :) it's the little things in life. and yes, mean people do suck!

    xoxo, love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're feeling better about everything again :-)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!