Thursday, December 05, 2013

Hot Holiday Hair (Week 1)

One&20 and SavingOurStrands Presents: Hot Holiday Hair (Week 1)


Ready to bring the SavingOurStrands Braids & Buns Pinterest board to life? Here's week 1's challenge: bellashoot's Messy 4-Braid Updo. Britt over at One&20 is covering how to's, tips, and tricks for the curly natural chicas and yours truly (ME!) is representing for the relaxed&radiant tresses. I know that you have super chic looks too! Share your own hot holiday hair posts in our weekly link up below. We've even got this nifty badge for you to use and don't forget to visit with the other hairlistas in the link up. 

The Messy 4-Braid Updo

  1. Moisturize, seal and detangle hair.
  2. Split hair ear to ear then from front to back into 4 sections. (Optional: Leave a small section out to fame your face. I bantu knotted my bangs for a soft curl)
  3. Loosely braid each section. Pick apart and fluffy your braid creating an illusion of plumped fullness.
  4. Repeat until complete. Secure the section with a hair tie if necessary.
  5. Take one of the braids in the back and cross it over the back of your head. Secure with a bobby pin. 
  6. Repeat until complete.
  7. Tuck in all of the loose ends. Use a very light holding spray to tame fly aways.

Tips & Tricks

  1. Need smoothness? Try apply a little tension to your roots and blow drying on cool to smooth them out.
    www.bellashoot.com
  2. Need volume? Try bantu knotting your tresses without holding product for about 2 hours before styling.
  3. Need shine? Try applying an oil or butter before styling. I use my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter.
  4. Need holding power? Try a light spray of Chi Enviro Flex Hold Hair Spray to keep the mess in one place
  5. Need fullness? Be sure to pick apart and fluff each braid to give that illusion of plumped intricate fullness.
It took me 4-5 (hundred) attempts to get this one exactly the way that I wanted, but I'm so glad that I didn't give up! What updo did you try this week? Link it up for us to see below!

Besitos!
KLP
 






12 comments:

  1. SO pretty!
    And so close to the inspiration picture. Mine looks EXACTLY like pinned braids... lol.
    I need to figure out why my hair won't hold some dang braids when it's rollerset! Wah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Britt! I actually LOVE your remake!

      I realized that you have to braid it very loosely, then really pick apart the braid to fluff it (think almost falling apart) and sometimes even add a hair tie on the ends to keep them from unraveling before you secure with a pin.

      I'm totally adding this style to my weekly rotation!

      Delete
  2. I love, very nice. I think I will be trying this today! I hope it doesn't take the same amount of attempts it took you lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that it won't. I was just being a tad dramatic. Ha-ha!

      Delete
  3. Cute! I've seen this bellashoot style before and thought I didn't have enough hair for it. You made it look easy tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoulder length is all you need. I think that with a few extra pins a neck length chica could pull it off!

      Delete
  4. Love this hairdo seems easy enough, will definitely be trying it. Thanks dear, xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!