Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wash Day {KLP}


This week I did another hybrid protein/moisture deep condition. I'm totally looking forward to straighting in a few weeks to see if this protein layering technique is as awesome as I think it is. 
Products

  1. Detangled- with my fingers and a bit of my Tangerine Scented Aloe Vera Juice.
  2. Cleansing Cream (Shampoo)- I applied a generous amount of my DIY Co-cleansing cream to my tresses concentrating on the roots. I let it sit for 3-4 minutes then rinsed.
  3. Extreme Deep Condition- with Jessicurl Deep Treatment on my roots, Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque on my ends, then massaged extra virgin coconut oil into my strands from root to tip. I covered with a plastic cap, relaxed under my heat cap for about 2 hours, then left it in overnight.
  4. Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
  5. Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt. 
  6. Leave-Ins- Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector and my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter.
Results: 
Shed Hair
Wet Texlaxed Hair
Less than a pea sized total amount of loss hair. I really can't believe it. All of my long term stretches have been plagued with breakage, tangles, and general hair disrespect. But not this one. My roots are soft, my ends are strong, and I'm living on to stretch another week. *throws confetti* I don't know what the confetti is for, but I feel like a G right now. To style, of course I bantu knotted my hair (without holding product) and whipped it up into a cute updo for my company Holiday party.


Anyone else deep in a stretch? How are you surviving?

Besitos!
KLP

14 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I refuse to believe that's all the hair you lost. I think you just climbed a beanstalk and got a giant to hold your shed hair whilst you photographed it.

    All jokes aside, that is AMAZING!!!!! I will be fighting the urge to bookmark every product you've mentioned in this wash day post and go on an Amazon purchasing frenzy! :)

    Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHA! I literally laughed out loud girl!

      I did a double take in the shower when there were only 2-3 strands in the drain. I do usually detangle moisturize and seal every night so this isn't a week's worth of lost hair. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That's awesome your stretch is going so well and throw some confetti to celebrate. I'm almost 13weeks post and SSK are trying to take over my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek! SSKs are the devil! Pre-wash detangling has helped cut down on mine.

      Delete
  3. i look forward to when i will shed this amount of hair. you hair always looks fab

    http://ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Uchenna. I've dealt with golf-ball sized hair loss on wash days so I'm soo loving that my shedding is under control!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Woot! Pre-wash detangling and protein deep conditioning is working!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Divachyk! I do detangle, moisturize and seal nightly so this isn't a week's worth of lost hair.

      Delete
  6. i would do a backflip if that was the only shedding i got when i detangled my hair.
    and i can't even do a backflip haha.
    i need to write down your process!
    :)
    vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping my roots stretched has really helped lessen the amount of tangles and therefore lessen the amount of hair that I lose as a result of detangling.

      Delete
  7. I love it.. wow... throws confetti indeed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! Any reason to throw confetti is a good reason indeed!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!