Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Mini Wash {KLP}

I promised myself that I wouldn't stretch past 16 weeks this year yet here I am at 22 weeks post and in love. Deep conditioning over night is really where it's at. I haven't had to cowash my hair in about 3 weeks. My roots are soft and with the addition of protein layering, I think that my ends are in decent shape. 
Wash day products
  1. Detangled- with my fingers and a bit of extra virgin coconut oil.
  2. Extreme Deep Conditon- with Halka Baba de Caracol on my roots, Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque on my ends, then massaged extra virgin coconut oil into my strands from root to tip. I covered with a plastic cap, relaxed under my heat cap for about 2 hours, then left it in overnight.
  3. Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
  4. Leave-Ins- I air dried to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt. Then applied Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector and my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter.
  5. Low Blow Dry- I pulled my roots gently but taut and blow dried on low to speed up the drying process. 
Results: 
Easy, breezy detangling? Check. Smooth strands? Check. Moisturized roots and strong ends? Check. I didn't want to blow dry my hair, but I needed to get out of the house and to my errands. It was miserably cold and I don't want pneumonia! I forgot to tea rinse but I'm so happy that I remembered my smoothing/detangling treatment using Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution. After I dried, I bantu knotted my hair for about 30 minutes, through it up in a messy 4 braid updo and went about my business. 

How do you speed up your wash day?

Besitos!
KLP 

6 comments:

  1. great post! when i wanna speed up my wash day i just either wash and deep condition and leave the DC over night, or just wash, leave in DC for a couple of minutes, then just put my hair in a afro puff and let it dry! thats my suuuper lazy wash day though and i try to not do it too often xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yolanda---I love your wash and go hair! I'd be seriously in trouble if I tried to go without detangling. Thanks for stopping by doll!

      Delete
  2. Your bantu knots always come out so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bantu knots are seriously the only no manipulation style I can do half asleep and still have great results!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!