Thursday, March 06, 2014

[Review] Redken Heat Smooth Glide {Kedya}


Price: $19.99 at Amazon (Few dollars cheaper at hair/grocery store) 

Ingredients: Macadamia Oil - helps nourish, Candelilla Wax - helps smooth and Cationic Refiners - frizz control. 

Promises: Protective smoother is a leave-in serum that provides heat-safe control to tame frizz on even the most unruly hair. Gives an ultra-smooth, glossy finish. Redken's exclusive interbond Conditioning System delivers a unique Ionic Smoothing Complex of macadamia oil, candelila wax and cationic refiners to help replenish oils, provide intense smoothing and a long-lasting, frizz-free finish.

Why It Works: Heat protective serum smooths and tames frizz on even the most rebellious hair, leaves hair smooth and shiny with a lightweight, frizz-free finish. Can be used with or without heat, however when used with heat, smoothing and shine are intensified. 

My thoughts: I have always only used this product when placing heat on my hair. My first experience was not super great, I think primarily due to me using certain leave-ins (Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin Spray) that made my hair feel thick/heavy/oily after straightening. So, next time, I only used Nexxus Hydralight Leave-in Mist and I fell in love. Now, when planning to heat my hair, I use it by itself and a minimum of leave-in products. 

My hair seems protected with limited to no damage from the heat. I really notice by the life within my ends. The shines and sleekness lasts much longer then previous times. There doesn't seem to be a smell in my opinion and it does not weigh my hair down. It still has volume without an "over" shine from the product. I can place my head back and leave no product behind! haha.. 


Have you used Redken? What are your thoughts!? 

xoxo
Keyda   

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a new heat protective serum. Thanks for the review
    Makeup by Kim Porter Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before my hair journey, I signed in for a hair makeover with a European celebrity stylist, and he recommended a lot of the redken product for me, and this one as a heat protectant. So I loved the way it worked. I should revisit it now that I am more aware. Great review.
    'I can place my head back and leave no product behind!' this is always a win! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!