Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Wash Day


Mini washing is simply a glorified co-wash. I usually rinse my hair with oil or just water, skip the shampooing, and go straight into my deep conditioning routine. No jumping in and out of the shower 20 million times to get my hair adequately clean and re-hydrated. Although I haven't shared a wash day in forever (a month to be exact) trust me, I am still washing my hair! Ha-ha! Here's what I used to wash my hair this week:
  1. Detangled- with my fingers and a ton of extra virgin coconut oil.
  2. Extreme deep condition- Next, I hopped into the shower for 5 minutes to rinse the oil completely. Then I applied Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Intensive Mask. Next, I massaged extra virgin coconut oil throughout, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my heat cap for 2 hours and left it in overnight.
  3. Camomile Aloe Tea Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped camomile tea and 1 part aloe vera gel, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
  4. Smoothing Treatment- I rinsed the conditioner then let a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution marinate on my hair for about 5 minutes. 
  5. Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
  6. Leave ins- Applying the LOC(B) method, to seal in the moisture (L) into my strands, I used extra virgin coconut oil (O), then Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner (C), and my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter (B)as my leave ins I "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots. 
Results:
Some super smooth and soft hair! Having a recent trim worked wonders for decreasing knots plus my detangling was a breeze. I don't know how many more easy wash days I'll get at 34 weeks post, but I'll take it! Since I'm in and out of the gym all week and I'm being super lazy, I went with a simple fluffy bun.


Meet Today's co-host: Miss Dre from SoSheWrites




The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES

  1. ​Follow your host SavingOurStrands via Bloglovin', Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest.
  2. Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
  3. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
  4. Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring  comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone! 



Besitos!
KLP



10 comments:

  1. I love the bun. That's some great TLC you give to your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, KLP! I'm reading your post and taking notes! Like Nerline said, you really take great care of your hair. Now what benefits do you receive from the chamomile tea + aloe vera gel mix? I'm intrigued by that the most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dre! I'm kinda obsessed with Tea Rinses. I started using them to combat my awful seasonal shedding. Camomile Tea is said to stimulate and promote hair growth. Recently, I've added aloe vera gel to assist with detangling and up my dry hair's moisture levels. You can check out more benefits of Tea Rinses here.

      Delete
  3. I love coconut oil as well. I am going to have to try the Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Intensive Mask. I've seen it in stores but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'm excited. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait until it goes in sale. I've found it on sale at Walgreens, Ulta, and CVS at either BOGO Free/ $5.99/each, or BOGO 1/2 off. Organix products are definitely budget friendly!

      Delete
  4. I also use coconut oil on my hair, as well as on my skin... Great post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use coconut oil on everything! From cooking and baking to hair and skin care. Coconut oil can do no wrong to me!

      Delete
  5. I love the bun~very full and pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!