Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wash Day


I haven't used shampoo in about a month and my hair felt kinda meh all week, so I decided to deep cleanse and give my hair some protein power this wash day. 
  1. Detangled- with my fingers and extra virgin coconut oil. 
  2. Pre-Poo- with JBCO on my scalp.
  3. Moisturizing Shampoo- with diluted Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo applied with an applicator bottle.
  4. Protein Treatment- with Nexxus Emergencee; the world's easiest to apply protein treatment. I let it air dry for an hour or so while I did chores.
  5. Extreme deep condition- Next, I stood under the spray of my shower for about 5 minutes to rinse the Emergencee completely. I deep conditioned with KeraCare Humecto on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for an hour and left it in overnight.
  6. Cranberry Pomegranate Green Aloe Hair Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped cranberry Pomegranate green tea + 1 part aloe vera gel + 1 tbsp Glyerin, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
  7. Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
  8. Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
  9. Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter, and the "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots while it dried.

Results: 
Strong but soft moisturized hair. It was fun revisiting my holy grail conditioner of yester-year this wash day. I used to be madly in love with Humecto, but ditched it about 2 years ago in favor of Matrix Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm. Now, I remember why: the scent irritates my nose. I was kinda tempted to wash it out around 2am during my overnight deep conditioning. <shrugs> I guess that some products aren't meant for a lifetime. Adding glycerin to my tea rinse was amazeballs. Detangling was easier than I expected, I loved how manageable my schizo textured hair was and my shed hair was at an all winter low! I styled with a simple french roll. The curls are from bantu knots, si que claro!



Meet Today's co-host: Courtnea from Finally Growing



The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES

  1. ​Follow your host SavingOurStrands via Bloglovin', Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest.
  2. Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
  3. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
  4. Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring  comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone! 



Besitos!
KLP



8 comments:

  1. Now this Cranberry Pom Green Aloe hair rinse sounds lovely! I need to get into it with these tea rinses! And you've reminded me to grab up another Nexxus Emergencee. It is so much easier to use than Aphogee 2 Step. Glad you had a great wash day and that your shed hair is to a minimum, love! HHJ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rebuke the smell of Aphogee 2 step! Ha-ha! A bit dramatic huh? Emergencee is a little more expensive but I get about 3 uses out of it and the results are amazing EVERY SINGLE TIME.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Sounds like a spa day! haha

    Abbi of BelowtheWaist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call wash days my "pretty girl days." Time for me to just take care of me!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! I'm really worried that this far into my stretch any wash day mishaps will turn into a setback. :(

      Delete
  4. Now I really have the itch to try the Keracare Humecto! Thankfully I love the smell even though it is a bit strong!

    Courtnea of Finally Growing!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!