Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bantu Knot Out Hair Styles

Bantu knots are my all time favorite heat-less style. (Because that was a secret huh?) I do them at least once a week---usually more---to give whatever style I'm in the mood for some life. At 35 weeks post relaxer styling can definitely be challenging especially without using heat. Here are a few of my favorite air dried hair friendly bantu knot hair styles:


Bantu Knot High Bun

  1. Using a stretched out hair elastic, pull curls up into a high ponytail.
  2. Secure curls with bobby pins to form bun.
  3. Leave a few curls down to frame your face. 
  4. (Optional) Use your favorite gel, jam, or jelly hair product to smooth your edges.
 

The Messy 4-Braid Updo

  1. Split hair ear to ear then from front to back into 4 sections. (Optional: Leave a small section out to fame your face. I bantu knotted my bangs for a soft curl)
  2. Loosely braid each section. Pick apart and fluffy your braid creating an illusion of plumped fullness.
  3. Repeat until complete. Secure the section with a hair tie if necessary.
  4. Take one of the braids in the back and cross it over the back of your head. Secure with a bobby pin. 
  5. Repeat until complete.
  6. Tuck in all of the loose ends.
 

Bantu Knot Side Tuck

  1. Create a side part then gather all of your hair to one side. Leave a few curls in the front.
  2. Secure with your banana clip. Finger fluff and separate curls for a fuller look. 
  3. Tuck all of the ends up with hair pins. 
  4. Pull your the loose curls in the front back, tuck, and secure with hair pins. 
Just in case you missed it:
Here's how to get your best bantu knots
Here's how to maintain your bantu knots

Besitos!
KLP

18 comments:

  1. these styles are so cute, can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I don't know why mine never come out right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep practicing. I promise you that you'll get the hang of it with time!

      Delete
  3. All cute styles, KLP! I've fallen in love with bantu knot outs, and thanks to you, I'll be able to take them to the next level :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! Instead of fighting with all of the textures in my hair---I'm trying to find techniques that elevate them. Bantu knots is totally one of those techniques! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love these styles, especially the 2nd one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd never guess that updo was just 4 braids pinned together! Thanks for stopping by Takara!

      Delete
  5. I always love your bantu knot out styles, such a good way to save a failed BKO (mine always fail)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Even failed bantu knot outs are welcome for these styles!

      Delete
  6. I liked the variety of styles you came up with. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!