Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wash Day

Last week, I was so loving my hair. To the point that I didn't really feel like washing this week! Pero, claro que si, I know better than that. Ha-ha! This week I felt adventurous and tried a shampoo bar. Here's how my wash day went:


  1. Pre-Poo- using Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Oil and detangled with my fingers.
  2. Shampoo- with Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Grower Shampoo bar.
  3. Extreme deep condition- I deep conditioned with OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for an hour and left it in overnight.
  4. Green Aloe Hair Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped green tea + 1 part aloe vera gel + 1 tbsp Glycerin, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
  5. Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
  6. Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
  7. Leave ins- I used the LOC method, starting with a little extra virgin coconut oil, Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, and my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter. Then I twisted my hair and wrapped the ends in satin rollers.

Results:
Meh. I still suck at twist outs. My hair just looked...stupid. Ha-ha! So, I pulled it all back and secured with a banana clip and tucked the ends with bobby pins. Viola. The perfect twist out french tuck. I really don't know why I torture myself with braid and twist outs. They hate me!


Meet Today's Co-Host: Nerline from Chic From Hair 2 Toe
 

The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES

  1. ​Follow your host SavingOurStrands via Bloglovin', Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest.
  2. Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
  3. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
  4. Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring  comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone! 





Besitos!
KLP




14 comments:

  1. I am yet to try a twist out but you got some good definition. I'm sure you will master them just like your BKO's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't hold my breath Tomi! Ha-ha! I'm just happy that I was able to whip all of those wonky curls into an updo!

      Delete
  2. I saw OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner in store and didn't know it was a deep conditioner, it looked like an instant conditioner! I really want to try it now! How did you like the shampoo bar? I have never understand shampoo bars heheh, you should definitely review it.
    You twist out was nicely saved, mine never work out either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shampoo bar was really interesting. I didn't expect it to do much but I was pleasantly surprised at how my hair didn't feel like a janky tangled mess afterwards! OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk is probably a better cowash than it is a deep conditioner but it did the job this wash day.

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks healthy mama! Thanks for the opportunity :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great save! Now, how you feel about braid/twist outs is how I feel about bantu knot outs. I feel like I can depend on my braid/twist out results. So funny!

    And I love this wash day experience idea, KLP! I will def be linking up now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha! Bantu knots come so easily to me. Braid out/twist outs don't. It's a conspiracy!

      Welcome to the #washdayexperience chica!

      Delete
  5. LOL I haven't had much success with braid outs either, but I believe that 1 day we'll both get it! That french tuck is gorgeous!

    Courtnea of Finally Growing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that day won't be tomorrow or the next day or the next day...Ha-ha! I'll keep practicing...I think.

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  6. You made this twist-out work, honey! This style looks so cute! My twist outs definitely need practice lol. I hope you review the Bobeam Shampoo Bar, as I am really curious about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Review and how to in the works darling! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Twistouts aren't my thing either. Although I hate the distinction, I actually think twistouts look much better on natural hair and braidouts are best for relaxed hair. But, like you, I'm often tempted to revisit...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 15th billion try is the charm right? Or maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment. Ha-ha!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!