Thursday, March 13, 2014

[Hairstyle] Dutch Side Mermaid Braid | PINspired

Pinterest is the ultimate to go unleash your inner creative foodie, unique fashionista, and intriguing abstract artist. Of course, being all things hair obsessed, SavingOurStrands has hundreds of captivating and cute styles for you to be inspired by when that bun gets too boring. So, I'm putting a little pep into my protective style step with a monthly series recreating PINspired hairstyles.

PINspired Hair Romance Dutch Side Mermaid Braid
  1. Begin with detangled and moisturized hair. I did this style on an old bantu knot set. (Optional: Leave a small section out to fame your face.)
  2. Start your dutch braid at the crown of your head. Continue braiding on the right side only until you get to your ear. Finish the braid and secure with a small hair tie if necessary.
  3. Fluff your braid. To get this big dramatic braid, you need to gently pull at the sides of your braid to widen it.
  4. Pull the rest of your hair over to your ear and dutch braid to the ends. Secure both braids together with a small clear hair tie.
  5. Secure the braids together using bobby pins so they look like one large braid.
 Tips and Tricks:
  1. My hair isn't thick enough. No worries. Make your braids tight. Then pick them apart a little at a time to create the illusion of a fuller braid.
  2. My hair has too much texture. Start the style with stretched hair. I usually go for bantu knots but a old braid/twist out would work just as well. 
  3. My hair hates hair ties. Yes---I know hair ties---plastic elastics---they're all inventions of the devil. Here's some good news. Because my hair was already curled at the ends, I simply twisted them together and used a hair pin to secure. No hair tie required!
Visit Britt over at One&20 for pointers on creating this style on natural hair! Who knew that mini twists were so versatile? I'm secretly jealous!


What have you been PINspired by lately? Add a link to your fave below. (Even non-hair related links are perfectly fine!)
 
Besitos!  
KLP



7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley! To bad that I didn't have anywhere to go when I did this style!

      Delete
  2. Love it!
    So many hair style ideas on this page! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne! Protective styles don't have to be boring!

      Delete
  3. Love your braided hairstyle! Thanks for the comprehensive tutorial! I like styling my hair in braids. I find it convenient and super attractive! I love braided hairstyles with the whole heart. To get more hairstyles ideas like this Go right here.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!