Monday, April 22, 2013

Mini Wash Day

Extreme Deep Condition Products
Notes: Even after daily drenching workouts, my hair still felt incredibly soft last week. It was almost impossible for me to keep my fingers out it my head! Honestly, I didn't even feel like it was my hair. After reviewing my post from last week, I couldn't find the magical "it" that made my hair sooooo soft. I didn't deep condition as long as I usually do, I didn't use as many tea bags in my tea rinse as I usually do, and I used all of the same products that I always do when I flat iron. The only variable was my week of moisturizing with tea. Hmm...


(0) Detangled with mMagic Star Jumbo Rake in vertical sections.
(1) Extreme Deep Condition: Applied Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Scalp Toner and my essential oil blend to my scalp, and Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner to the length of my hair. Then I coated my strands with Argan oil, covered with a plastic cap  and the sat under my heating cap for a couple of hours.
After adding Extreme Deep Condition Products
(2) Tea Rinse with 2 green tea bags and 2 cups of water in a narrow tip applicator bottle.
(3) Smoothing Treatment- Then I massaged Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment into my hair (without rinsing the tea first) and let sit for about 10 minutes. I rinsed with cool water. 
(4) Air dry- I let my hair dry 85% in a cotton t-shirt. Next, I detangled and add my leave-ins. 
(5) Leave-ins- This is week 2 of moisturizing with tea using the LOC method. LOC- Liquid, Oil, Cream simply refers to the order in which you apply your leave-in products. In sections, I detangled, sprayed my hair with green tea, applied argan oil, and then sealed with Jessicurl's Too Shea Conditioner. 

Results: Moisturized, soft, big, fluffy hair plus very little shed hair. I attempted to install individual twists, then I saw my hubby's face half way through the process. He looked like he saw a ghost. I looked in the mirror---and agreed. I untwisted, bunned then called it a day! You win some and you loose some. Ha-ha!

My first impressions of Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner: Meh--I.hate.the.scent. Ugh. Again---another "natural" product with an awful scent. Its not "stinky," I just don't care for earthy, heavy, musky scents. I'm more of a citrus, flowery, sweet, light scent lover.  However, It absorbed into my hair like butter. I've never had a conditioner do this before. When I was done putting in the conditioner, I felt like all the product was gone. So weird. Its not oily and even though I would stick it with a protein conditioner label, it's well balanced. Meaning that my hair feels soft yet very strong after use. Carol's Daughter makes tons of claims about the use of this product that I'll reserve my comments on until I finish the bottle then post a complete review. But to be brief: I'm not believing in that "96% less breakage after one use?" line. Then again, I don't experience much breakage to begin with.

Anywho, I'm excited to be on week 2 of LOCing with tea. I'll continue the experiment for one more week after this one, and then I have a wedding, so I'll be straightening. Fingers crossed the same soft and silky results from last week! You guys want to help me pick a bridesmaid hairstyle?

Un mil besitos!

KLP

3 comments:

  1. What mix of tea and water are you using for the moisturizing step?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same ratio as in my tea rinse. 2 green tea bags steeped in 2 cups of water.

      Delete
  2. Loving these Mini Wash Posts Thanks for the Link. :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!