Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mini Wash

Notes: Last week, I decided to start an experiment applying tea as a leave-in using the LOC method of moisturizing. LOC- Liquid, Oil, Cream simply refers to the order in which you apply your leave-in products. Daily, in sections, I detangled, sprayed my hair with green tea, applied argan oil, and then sealed with Jessicurl's Too Shea Conditioner. More details about my week one results in another post. 

Today, I washed with flat ironing in mind. My bestie took me out this weekend for my birthday and I wanted my tresses straight and flowing. 

(0) Detangled with mMagic Star Jumbo Rake in vertical sections. Again, detangling 2 week post hair is a breeze compared to 15 week+ hair. (1) Extreme Deep Condition: Applied Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Scalp Toner and my essential oil blend to my scalp, and Matrix Biolage Ultra- Hydrating Balm to the length of my hair. Then, I covered with a plastic cap  and the sat under a heating cap for 45 minutes.
(2) Mini Tea Rinse with 1 green tea bag and a few ounces of water of water. I let the rinse sit on my hair for about 5 minutes.
(3) Smoothing Treatment- Then I massaged Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment into my hair (without rinsing the tea first) and let sit for about 5 minutes. I rinsed with cool water.  (4) Air dry- I let my hair dry 85% in a cotton t-shirt. Next, I detangled and add my leave-ins. 
(5) Leave-ins- It's a 10! and Chi Silk infusion

(6) Flat-ironed with my Solia iron.
Results: The most moisturized and soft post straightened hair that I've ever had! Ladies---I just can not believe how silky my hair feels. I'm not going to give all of the credit to daily LOC moisturizing with tea all week, but I won't say that it wasn't either. For my night on the town I installed a few hot rollers to give my hair a little bounce. Even though the curls fell before I left the house, like I anticipated, I still loved the results. Sorry no pics. :(

I'm really happy with how little I've been shedding. I had just a little shedding in my pre and post wash detangling, none in the shower, and 6 strands during flat ironing. Plan Shed Dread is working thus far!
Pre-wash shed hair
Post wash shed hair


How was your wash day?
Un mil besitos!
KLP

6 comments:

  1. I am SO missing out on the benefits of black tea rinses. I keep saying that I don't want to add another step to my LONG wash day, but I need to. The shedded hairs cause too much drama on wash days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its another step but it won't take long! Plus its totally worth it if you can save strands from going down the drain.

      Delete
  2. How do you like It's a 10! as a leave-in conditioner? I'm still looking for an alternative to my Aphogee Keratin Green Tea Leave in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the regular It's a 10! and I only use the "plus keratin" version when I need a protein boost. Both are awesome detanglers but can be a bit heavy and leave a "coated film" on your hair. I used to swear by Aphogee Keratin Green Tea Leave in but I found that it gave me no advantage during detangling and was too much protein to use every wash day.

      I should probably post a review huh?

      Besitos!

      Delete
  3. i really need to try black tea rinses... amazing results !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black tea makes my hair harder than I'm comfortable with, so I use a majority of green tea in my rinses. However, my partner in crime used black tea and LOVES it!

      If you have trouble curbing shedding, try a rinse and see if it helps!

      Besitos chica

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!