Wednesday, April 24, 2013

SOS: Protective Styling- Old Faithful 30 Second Style

Once upon a time, not so long ago, a lovely lady named KLP hated to protective style. All that she knew how to do was pull off buns of varying height and width. Buns are fun but they got boring really fast. She knew that if she wanted to reach her goal of healthy hair from root to tip, she would need to get serious about nurturing and caring for her ends. Then she discovered this protective style that was easy, classy, and could morph from a picnic at the park with her little ones to a holiday gala at a 4 1/2 star restaurant. Thus, her "Old Faithful 30 Second Style" was born. 

Side view

Front View
Back View


Ha-ha! Okay all jokes aside chicas. I love this style. If I could sum up my character in one style---it would totally be this one. New and old. Different yet familiar. Messy but pulled together. All me. All day. I wish that I could say that I came up with it all on my own, but that would be a bold faced fib. However, since discovering this style on YouTube, I've worn it at least 2 times a week for the last year. Sometimes, I add a braided bang. Occasionally, I do a deep side part. Whilst, other times, I throw in a great hair accessory. No matter how I change this style up, it always begins here: 


 


I've sported this style on both straightened and air dried hair. I've done it so many times that I can do it without a mirror, one bobby pin, and in 30 seconds with a baby on my hip. Here are some examples from the past year of how I've worn this style:  

  1. Variation: Left side part, Double braided; Air dried; Event: Vacationing in Disney World
  2. Variation: Right side part, Triple twisted; Straightened; Event: Birthday party
  3. Variation: Centre part, twisted back instead of braided; Event: Wedding
  4. Variation: Centre part, Bantu knotted bangs twisted back instead of braided; Event: Bridal Party Together
  5. Variation: Centre part; two strand twisted; Event: Bridal Shower
What's your to go "Old Faithful 30 second style"?

Un mil besitos!

KLP

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the flower in the back. I WISH I had a cute 30 second style, other than a bun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this style!!! I really enjoy all the different styles you ladies showcase here on SOS. I am not sure I have a "go-to" style...think my new fave protective style aside from a wig is a french braid and I always love a good rollerset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! I heart your french braids. I should try those more.

      Delete
  3. Very Pretty!! I too ran across this style on you tube and wanted to try just never got around to it. I will for sure now after seeing it on you=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that it would look really great on you whilst your in your twists.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!