Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Reflections on 15 weeks of stretching

Oh, relaxer day has come and gone. Overall, I'm very excited that this stretch was ridiculously uneventful! I handled my tangles with grace, deep conditioned and protective styled with poise, and even went heat free for weeks! Especially, considering that I used to live and die by my flat iron, I'm very proud of myself. Here's what I've learned along the way: 
  1. Tangles and Knots Beware: The massive tangles and knots from yester-year's stretching were virtually eliminated this stretch by: detangling thoroughly daily, and also before/after washing, extreme deep conditioning, and only tackling tangles when I have the time and patience. Seems simple? It is. The hard part was actually doing it!
  2. Trimming: I trimmed after my December relaxer and then again in early January. Even though my ends weren't terrible, I still felt the need to say buh-bye to about an inch. I think that my ends are loving daily moisturizing and sealing plus all of this protective styling!
  3. Layers: My front layers are thriving! I want to keep growing them out until they are the same length as the rest of my hair....I think. Ha-ha!
December 2012
March 2013

I'm definitely very happy about the retention. My goals for this next stretch is to go the entire way heat free. (With the exception of my birthday in a few days!) I want to continue "attempting" to prevent shedding and to find cute protective styles so that I'm not stuck in a bun-rut for weeks. However, there is no way that I'll be able to do this alone. Please share your shedding prevention treatments and uber chic updos with me! 

Sharing is caring!

Un mil besitos
KLP


8 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great! The nice manicured ends makes your hair appear thicker, I also want to do my next stretch heat free except on my hair journey anniversary in May. Keep it up girl it looks great! For shedding I take an odorless garlic pill and perform black tea rinses weekly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jas! Hmm...I must know more about this odorless garlic pill. (Although I think that I eat garlic everyday.)

      Delete
  2. Ive taken garlic pills to repel mosquito bites...uhmmmm for my hair tho!? possibly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried a garlic infused oil for my scalp before. Worse. idea. ever. :(

      Delete
  3. Happy to hear that you had a good stretch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candace! I just keep thinking---boy this could have been worst!

      Delete
  4. Great progress, your hair looks lovely.
    www.hair-diary.com

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!