Monday, April 29, 2013

Wash Day

Notes: Am I still loving LOCing with my Tea moisturizer? Absolutely! It kept my hair so silky soft all week and I was even able to pull off this style from @mz_tammy to the right for my bestie's surprise birthday dinner in the city. More on this style in another post. :) 
On to my wash day: I did a protein treatment as its been a few weeks since my last one. Although the CD Monoi Repairing Conditioner from my wash last week could be classified as protein heavy, I like to keep my hard protein treatments in rotation.

(0) Detangled with mMagic Star Jumbo Rake in vertical sections.
(1) Pre-poo: Applied Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Scalp Toner, JBCO and my essential oil blend to my scalp. 
(2) Shampooed first with KeraCare 1st Lather Shampoo to clarify and then with Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo to moisturize. (3) Protein Treatment- I saturated my hair in Nexxus Emergencee then did some chores. It air dried for a few hours. Next, I stood under the spray of my shower for about 5 minutes to rinse the Emergencee completely.
(4) Green Tea Rinse with 2 green tea bags and 2 cups of water.  Then applied the green tea rinse with a narrow tip applicator bottle and let it sit for another 5 minutes. (5) Smoothing Treatment- with Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment (I reversed the order of my tea rinse and deep condition this wash)
(6) Extreme Deep Condition: Stepped out of the shower, added a mix Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm and Roux Porosity Control Conditioner to my hair, and then coated my strands in extra virgin coconut oil. I deep conditioned for 2 hours under my heating cap. During my final rinse, my hair felt Ah-mazing! Smooth? Check. Detangled? Check. I was tempted to skip leave-ins and detangling all together. But I'm a creature of habit...
(7) Air dry- I let my hair air dry 100% then applied my leave ins.

(8) Leave-ins- This is week 3 of moisturizing with tea using the LOC method. In sections, I detangled, sprayed my hair with green tea, applied argan oil, and then sealed with Jessicurl's Too Shea Conditioner. 

Results: The smoothest air dried hair that I've ever had. My hair didn't feel hard or brittle after the protein treatment, but it wasn't as soft as when I do mini washes only. I have a ton of items on my to-do list this week and I'm glad that my hair won't be an issue!

Un mil besitos chicas!

KLP

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!