Monday, April 01, 2013

Your Hair on: Nature

Al Fresco Jogging #getoutside
Fresh air will do you good
After last week's snow, in my part of the world, I had to recheck my calendar. I could have sworn that it was Spring! Right? Isn't Winter supposed to be long gone? Thankfully, today, the weather cooperated with the calendar and we had a 62°day! After spending a few hours outside with my little ones, I felt amazing. I'm not sure if it was the fresh air, the wind on my face, or the singing of the birds, but that dose of Nature definitely hit the spot. 

Crush stress, frustration, and lose a few pounds
It looks like I'm not the only one who's digging a little dose of Vitamin Nature. According to a survey from Women's Health Mag, 86 percent of stressed-out women said that their moods improved when spending time outdoors in nature. Other studies found that the further that you live away from a green space, the more probable that you are to be in inferior health. But if you're not convinced, yet another report has linked reduced exposure to nature to higher risks of obesity, cancer, heart disease, anxiety, and even depression. So what does this have to do with your hair? Stress and tension has long been linked to hair loss. Yep. Stress=shed. It's time that we learned to veg out and become one with Nature. And our hair will thank us later!

My next 5k is in approximately 6 months and I can't wait to get back to training al fresco! Besides---my local park trails definitely smell better than that sweaty guy that always seems to want to hop on the treadmill in front of me at the gym. Ugh!

No more excuses chicas. Let's #getoutside!

Un Mil Besitos
KLP

4 comments:

  1. Lol at the sweaty guy at the gym, I can relate! I definitely have to get out in fresh air, it really is refreshing to me. Great Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what happens when you have multiple gmail accounts you can delete the previous comment lol. Anyway like I was saying last week I was stressing about a non issue when I had to stop and think about the possible shedding I could be exposing my hair to. So I took a deep breath let go and let God and felt much better afterwards and I guess my hair thanks me too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! I just have to continue training my brain to control it's reaction to stressful things! I love my hair, so keeping it on my head is a great motivation.

      Gracias as usual for your comments!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!