Saturday, January 04, 2014

Wash Day

Since I started using a medium protein conditioner on my ends almost every wash day, I've skipped my monthly protein treatments. But my hair felt kinda off all week, so I decided to protein power this wash day. 
  1. Detangled- with my fingers and extra virgin coconut oil. 
  2. Pre-Poo- with JBCO on my scalp.
  3. Moisturizing Shampoo- with diluted Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo applied with an applicator bottle.
  4. Protein Treatment- with Nexxus Emergencee; the world's easiest to apply protein treatment. I let it air dry for an hour or so while I did chores.
  5. Extreme deep condition- Next, I stood under the spray of my shower for about 5 minutes to rinse the Emergencee completely. I deep conditioned with Matrix Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm on the length of my hair. Then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my heat cap for 2 hours and left it in overnight.
  6. Rosemary Chamomile Aloe Hair Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped chamomile tea + 1 part aloe vera juice + 2 springs of rosemary, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
  7. Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
  8. Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
  9. Leave ins- I used Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter, and the "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots while it dried.
Results: 
French Roll with Banana Clip
I love how pump, strong, and fortified my hair feeds after a protein treatment. Nexxus Emergencee always delivers great results. I know that protein isn't every girl's friend, but if you can find a strengthening product that will help protect your ends from breakage---go for it! I'm actually terrified that breakage will be the reason that I end this stretch sooner rather than later. I had my regular amount of lost hair but a few more knots than I've seen in a while. Perhaps its time for a straighten, trim, and length check. 

Besitos!
KLP

14 comments:

  1. Nexxus isn't available here in the UK :(!
    I love the thickness that comes with protein treatments. I think I might do one today, it's been a couple of weeks since I did
    I keep seeing knots lately too at the ends of my hair, boo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh rats, that's awful! Would you be able to order from Amazon?

      Whenever my hair feels kinda off, I treat my hair to a bit more protein then deep condition the next week. That usually gets things rockin and rollin again.

      Besitos chica!

      Delete
  2. Yes Protein treatment for me next wash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go, K! You know I stay away from protein but your hair seems to do well with it. Keep up the great stretch. I'm cheering from you. How many weeks you're trying for?
    Divachyk @Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Protein conditioners usually agree with my hair; liquid-y protein leave-ins, not so much. I hadn't intended on stretching for this long at all. It just kinda happened. Ha-ha! I'm not sure when I'll relax again.Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Length check! Length check! Length check!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm so fickle. I feel in love with a Diana Ross Big Hair tutorial from Alicia James and ditched the idea of flat ironing next wash. Ha-ha. I'm pitiful!

      Delete
    2. Lol I was just about to comment about doing a length check until I saw this. But go ahead KLP I'm anxious to see the Big Hair!

      Delete
    3. LOL Thanks Jas! I'm being lazy anyway. It's crazy. What a difference a year makes. I went from flat ironing once a week to once every 3 months, or longer!

      Delete
  5. It's definitely about time for me to do a protein treatment during my next wash day! Awesome wash day post as always!

    Courtnea of Finally Growing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wash days are my favorite posts! It gives me an excuse to enjoy my hair for hours---at least that's what I tell myself....

      Delete
  6. I'm staying away from proteins for a while, but it's great that you get such great results while using it!

    Abbi of http://belowthawaist.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely wash next week with a good moisturizing conditioner to get my balance back on! Thanks for stopping by Abbi!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!