Saturday, January 18, 2014

Mini Wash Day

I love mini washing because I don't have to jump in and out of the shower 100 times to get my hair adequately clean and re-hydrated. Whilst, I loved the scents of the Pura Natural's collection from my last wash day, my hair didn't respond well to it. Just hours after my wash, my hair had a rough, dry feel to it. Almost as if I hadn't done anything at all. I'm super disappointed however, I do plan on using the line again---perhaps in the warmer months when my hair isn't begging for as much moisture. I co-washed twice to get some kind of moisture into my hair during the week. No bueno.
  1. Detangled- with my fingers and a ton of extra virgin coconut oil. 
  2. Extreme deep condition- Next, I hopped into the shower for 5 minutes to rinse the oil completely. Then I applied  JBCO on my scalp and Matrix Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm on the length of my hair. Next, I massaged  extra virgin coconut oil into my ends, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my heat cap for 2 hours and left it in overnight.
  3. Smoothing Treatment- I rinsed the conditioner then let a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution marinate on my hair for about 5 minutes. 
  4. Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
  5. Leave ins- Applying the LOC method, I used extra virgin coconut oil, then Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, and  my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter as my leave ins I "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots. I had a few unruly tangles, so I coated that section in Chi Silk Infusion and picked apart the knots.
The Results- 
Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm to the rescue! It makes my hair feel so soft and manageable. Aside from 4-5 knots, my hair was extremely easy to detangle and stretch my roots. Jessicurl Too Shea never ceases to amaze me. The slip is awesome, it absorbs easily into my strands and the moisture that I'm able to retain for days makes me pray that its never discontinued. My kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter never fails me. I really don't know how I survived without it all these years.



Y'all know that braid outs hate me, but I was kinda feeling my hair so I attempted another one. After faux banding, I double strand twisted each section and added a satin pillow roller to the ends. I let my hair set for a few hours and unraveled. I really liked the results, but they didn't last. One--I didn't use a holding product and two---I unraveled before all of the twists were dry. The two biggest #fails for braid outs. <shrugs> I guess that practice makes perfect.<shrugs>

How was your wash day? Anyone else over this winter's ridiculously cold temps?

Besitos!
KLP

16 comments:

  1. It's too bad it did not last. It looks great on you. My hair is shedding less now. Thank God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nerline! Braid outs might hate me, but twist outs seem to dig me! Woot! Hopefully my next try will last!

      I'm soooo glad that your shedding is less now. Shedding is the devil!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I was really feeling myself for a second!

      Delete
  3. Not hair related, but my first thought when I saw this was "your skin is flawless; your skin is amazing!" Your hair looks beautiful KLP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish honey! Its the lighting! Don't be fooled!

      Delete
    2. The miracle of the right lighting! Trust me on that one. My skin is usually a mess thanks to my love of deliciously sweet junk!

      Delete
  4. Your skin is so radiant! Big bad banging twist out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woop! I love that Big Bad Banging Twist out! Thanks for stopping by doll!

      Delete
  5. I've been over these cold temps since the 1st of January! *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THEN my city gets blanketed in 3-4" of snow. Winter is laughing at me!

      Delete
  6. I am so over this ridiculously cold weather, too! Your hair looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter winter go away!!! Ha-ha! I'm so ready for spring!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!