Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mini Wash Day

During mini washes, I skip shampoo to head straight into deep conditioning. I've had a few Pura Body Naturals products sitting in my stash since Christmas so I decided to give them a test drive this wash day. Every single product smells like heaven. Divine in every single way, which is a big deal to me because my nose is very particular. 
  1. Detangled- with my fingers and extra virgin coconut oil. 
  2. Pre-Poo- with JBCO on my scalp.
  3. Extreme deep condition- Next, I hopped into the shower for 5 minutes to rinse the oils completely. Then I applied Pura Body Naturals Chocolate Hair Smoothie, massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my heat cap for 2 hours and left it in overnight.
  4. Rosemary Chamomile Aloe Hair Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped chamomile tea + 1 part aloe vera juice + 2 springs of rosemary, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
  5. Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
  6. Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
  7. Leave ins- I used Pura Body Naturals MuruMuru Moisture Milk, Pura Body Naturals Cupuacu Hair Butter and then "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots while it dried.
Results: 
Lost Hair- L:Shower|R: Detangling
The Good- 
I love love love love (did I say LOVE?) the Tahitian Vanilla scent! I could just sit and sniff this stuff alllllll day. Yes, I'm weird. But we in a #nojudgementzone right? Ha-ha! It's no secret that I think many natural products smell awful. My beloved Jessicurl Too Shea was no different. Pura Naturals on the other hand---I'm totally a fan of the scent! I had very little lost hair during this wash day, and very minimal breakage. Detangling was a little more challenging, but I didn't mind it.

The Indifferent- 
MuruMuru Moisture is light and creamy; It reminds me of marshmallow fluff. I really enjoy the way that it sinks into my hair, but this feeling doesn't very long. Used it as my nightly moisturizer for a week prior to this wash day and every night, my hair felt dry; as if I hadn't moisturized at all the day before. I'm not impressed but it's not awful either. For now, I'll blame it's none wow factor on the miserably cold weather that my part of the world can't seem to shake.
Texture Shot

The Bad-

Chocolate for your hair? Meh---whilst it smells divine; this conditioner just sat on top of my hair. I expected it to be completely absorbed after deep conditioning and it wasn't. I was pretty disappointed but I think that I'll give it another try or two before forming an opinion. 

Have you tried Pura Body Naturals? What do you think?

Besitos!
KLP

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of that brand, am really trying to cut down on buying. Your detangling at so many weeks post amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divachyk of RelaxedThairpy has a great review of the entire line here: http://relaxedthairapy.com/product-review-pura-body-naturals-line.

      They weren't love at first use for me but the scent is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

      Delete
  2. I've tried a couple of Pura Body Naturals products. I wasn't a fan of the Chocolate Hair Smoothie either, it did leave my hair soft but it was nothing to write home about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say that my hair was soft or moisturized after deep conditioning with the Chocolate Hair Smoothie. My hair was just kinda blah...

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!