Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekly Wishes

 
If you're new to Weekly Wishes, its just a place where I talk about my goals or how I want to rock my world this week. It gives me space for reflection on the previous week and a cozy place to prepare for the days ahead without getting stuck in the fact that Monday's aren't my favorite day by any means. You can join me by posting your aspirations and wishes for the week then linking up with Melyssa @ The Nectar Collective.

LAST WEEK'S WISH:
Focusing isn't my forte. I'm going to be really real with y'all. I was kinda all over the place last week. I did make some updates to the site. (You see that nifty recent posts slider? Yeah---I'm siced!) I did find myself frustrated by the small stuff. Meh. I totally didn't take off my superwoman cape. BUT I did have a great time with my hubby and our family for his birthday. We treated him to a hibachi steakhouse dinner and Spider man birthday cake. #dontjudgeme Yum! I was so torn about what to get the man that seemingly has everything, then a great friend mentioned that she'd started reading an amazing marriage altering 30 day devotional by Jennifer Smith called Wife After God. It rocked my world. The one thing that I knew my hubby wanted that could never be purchased was an upgraded wife. A more kind wife. A more patient wife. A more grateful wife. A wife after God. My husband isn't perfect, yet God knew that he'd be perfect for me and I'm ever excited about how only after 4 days my perspective on my marriage has shifted.

THIS WEEK'S WISH:
I get it now, focusing isn't my thing. But I will find a way to make all of this bubbly high energy work for my good. This week I want to hone my creativity to finish preparing for another great guy's birthday: my son! And I want to continue to let God upgrade the wife in me. Four days down, 26 to go. You can check out my #WifeAfterGod progress on Twitter.


What's your wish this week? Big it big or small--speak it into existence!
 
Besitos!    
KLP

10 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you have quite a busy few weeks on your hands! I think it's great that you are seeking God for strength and growth. I may look into that devotional - you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! January is soo busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way! You'll love this devotional. Trust me!

      Thanks for stopping by darling!

      Delete
  2. I love the blog updates! The design is so clean! I need to take some notes haha.
    And I love that you're trying to be better for your husband. That's what marriage should be (coming from a single woman with no experience, of course... lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! It took me forever to get some of the script to work so I'm uber proud of myself!

      My husband is a gift and I want to treat him as such. Thanks for stopping by doll!

      Delete
  3. I love the sounds of the book, I will definitely have a read. I hope it all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing book. It could seriously be the best $7.77 that I've ever spent. I hope that you take a look at it.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous pics of your family, stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful family. I serious lack focus. I have great intentions but....I procrastinate a lot when it comes to certain tasks.
    Divachyk @Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness that my high energy tends to make up for my lack of focus!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!