Thursday, January 09, 2014

Zoe Saldana Milk Maid Twists | PINspired

Pinterest is the ultimate to go unleash your inner creative foodie, unique fashionista, and intriguing abstract artist. Of course, being all things hair obsessed, SavingOurStrands has hundreds of captivating and cute styles for you to be inspired by when that bun gets too boring. So, my girl Britt from One&20 and I are back to put a little pep into your protective style step with a monthly series recreating PINspired hairstyles on both relaxed and natural hair. 

PINspired Zoe Zaldana Milk Maid Twist
  1. Begin with detangled and moisturized hair. (My hair was previously cold air tension dried and faux banded to smooth my roots)
  2. Divide hair into two sections. (Optional: Leave a small section out to fame your face. I bantu knotted my bangs for a soft curl)
  3. Create two loose twists on each side (Four twists total). Start one of the twists at high level and the other near your ear. This will create the illusion of fuller twists. Pull the top twist over to the crown of your head and secure with a bobby pin. Do the same with the bottom twist
  4. Repeat on the opposite side.
  5. Pin until the braids feel secure.

Tips and Tricks:
  1. My hair isn't long enough. No sweat, either was mine. Which is why, I did two twists instead of one braid. The top twist stretches across to the opposite side, whilst the bottom twists "connects" from your ear up. Sneaky trick huh?
  2. My hair isn't thick enough. Create more twists! Try 3 or even 4 to get the illusion of a fuller thicker braid across. Remember to stagger them as you pin.
  3. My hair doesn't have enough volume. Consider air drying before beginning this style. An old bantu knot or braid out will give you the volume that you crave.  
Visit Britt over at One&20 for pointers on creating this style on natural hair!

What have you been PINspired by lately? Link up your faves below! (No sweat if it isn't hair related!)






6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I need to try this style, I do love twists x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I would've loved to see a pic of the back though. I'm gonna be an unofficial part of this link up lol I'm gonna try to recreate the styles. You said monthly, does that mean only 1 style per month?

    http://belowthawaist.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The back is pretty plain, since all of your hair is pulled to the front. I didn't even think to capture a pic of it. We'd love to have you join the party! The plan is for at least one style a month. We might do more...it just depends on how the wind blows. Ha-ha! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Cute and simple. How far into your stretch are you?

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!