Friday, April 04, 2014

Wash Day | Post Relaxer - 2 week {Keyda}

Hola Chicas!


As you saw I had a two week show stint so I felt it was NECESSARY for a touch up.... I am not KLP hehe...I have so much love for how she can last so long ..Her texlaxed hair is what I strive for! Ahhhh every strand has their own journey! :P

My new growth this winter was thicker and curlier than ever. I do not remember another time my hair as been like this. This could be due to the consistency of my tea rinses or scalp massages with JBCO. I will have to see the next go-round with some tweaks (possibly) in my regimen. There were many tangles due to ... my laziness in the last two weeks...I also realize I was kinda lazy when it came to moisturizing and sealing at times. As expected, I had to cut a significant (1inch) amount of my ends. #bloop :(

I touched up my hair with Optimum and I only blow dried my hair on low after air drying about 85%. I wore my hair in low manipulation styles the entire week.

Now on to my wash day!

Wash Day:


[A] Detangled with my fingers.

[B] Prepoo with warm EVOO on length of my hair and my essential oil mix (with yummy argan oil) on scalp.

[C] Shampoo with KeraCare First Lather Shampoo... I skipped out on tea rinse, since I did not have black tea...I really want to mix that back in!

[D] DC with ORS HAIRepair Intense Moisture Crème (I have been trying it out the last month...meh...it does the job but it will be my go-to if I do not find my faves!) with CHI Silk Infusion as a sealant. It sat in my hair for roughly an hour under my heating cap!

[E] Leave-ins were Nexxus Root Lift Mist -- focus on my roots-- and Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Spray --focus on length.


I actually air dried for roughly 80% then lightly blow dried my hair.

The Experience:

I have not been a huge fan of the ORS Moisture Crème, because it does not seem to give me that same softness that I love from my main DCs. However, my hair has felt strong! I may also just be picky...maybe. The main thing I realize my scalp misses, is the tea rinse! Obviously, I am a chica that needs to constantly have a tea rinse if I want a breathing scalp. My hair has a fullness and thickness about it that I am not used too recently. Normally, this close after a touch up, my hair still would not be as thick or full, however that is not the case now. I like this change in my hair....It is becoming more texlaxed! #Woot


xoxo

Keyda

**Length check in next post!

7 comments:

  1. I have been trying to start tea rinses forEVER. I realize...I'm just too lazy, its a little ridiculous because the benefits are so obvious! At least you will get back to doing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo yeses you must START! lol I remember when KLP and I first discussed them haha....now we ADORE them!

      Delete
    2. Tea rinse is a must, girl! what are you waiting for?

      Delete
  2. I'm wondering if you aren't getting the results from the ORS Moisture Creme you want because it's not a dc. It's a moisturizer. I never thought to use it as a dc. At least that what I got from the description of it on their website. I like the Nourishing Conditioner from that line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get back on the tea rinse game! I need to get them back into my regime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to get my hair back on some sort of regimen ... it's so hard to stay committed to anything while I'm in school. I don't know how you do it :)

    www.futurelawyergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Texlaxed hair is the best. I think I will go wash my hair now..

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!