Wednesday, April 09, 2014

[Hairstyle] Head Wrap Scarf Bun | The #WashDayExperience



    I don't use shampoo often because no matter how gentle I am, I always have more tangles on shampoo days than I have when I mini wash. Mini washing is a glorified co-wash and truly cuts my wash day time by a ton. Here's what I used to wash my hair this week: 
    1. Extreme Deep Condition- I gently finger detangled then applied JBCO to my scalp, Halka Baba de Caracol root to tip, then massaged extra virgin coconut oil to my ends. I covered with a plastic cap, sat under my hooded dryer for about an hour and left in overnight. 
    2. Green Aloe Tea Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped green tea and 1 part aloe vera gel with a tablespoon (or so) of glycerin, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
    3. Smoothing Treatment- I rinsed the conditioner then let a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution marinate on my hair for about 5 minutes. 
    4. Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
    5. Leave ins- Applying the LOC(B) method, to seal in the moisture (L) into my strands, I used organic extra virgin olive oil (O), then Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner (C), and my kitchenista Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter (B) as my leave ins I "faux" banded my hair to stretch roots. 
    Results: 
    During last week, I noticed a little breakage whilst I was moisturizing and sealing so with today's wash, I wanted to incorporate a light dose of protein courtesy of Halka Baba de Caracol. Boy, it did the trick. My hair was super moisturized but felt strong. Baba de Caracol will always be one of my favorite conditioners. Sadly, I'll have to look for a replacement soon because it's becoming harder and harder to find in my local tiendas without the yucky mineral oil. *insert sad face* It's been rainy and gray in my part of the world for several days so I didn't bother to really style my hair. It would have been a lost cause in a matter of minutes. Instead curled my bangs with bantu knots and put on a cute scarf that my little cousin picked out for me. This was quite possibly the easiest wash day that I've had in months!


      The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES

      1. ​Follow your host SavingOurStrands and JustGrowAlready via Bloglovin', Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest.
      2. Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
      3. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
      4. Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring  comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone! 




      16 comments:

      1. I love the head scarf. I need to try the extreme deep conditioning method.

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. I swear by extreme deep conditioning! I can tell the difference in my hair when I don't. Thanks for stopping by!

          Delete
      2. Yay for easy wash days! I had one as well. My hair's been in head wraps with this rainy weather, too. Your's is really cute!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Thanks girl! I guess that since the weather is ssslllooowwwwlllyyy transitioning into Spring, I'll have to retire my knit wool hats. *le sigh*

          Delete
      3. I definitely love the scarf, I wish I knew how to wrap my hair like that but for the most part, anytime I do anything involving a scarf, it just slips right off LOL

        www.futurelawyergirl.com

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. LOL Jenn! This head wrap style is the only one that I knew how to do before the invention of Pinterest! You just put it on, pull back, and wrap the ends around like a bun. Super easy peasy!

          Delete
      4. Everything about this style and the colors screams summer cookouts and fun times to me. I have never be able to do a decent bantu knot (*flashes back to my attempts and shudders* so I love your curly bang!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. I totally agree Jeni! Bring on the summer sun, sand, and fun! I'm over the snow, ice, and rain---already!

          Bantu knots are one of those techniques that either you're really good at or it hates you but there really isn't much in between. Ha-ha! (My Braidouts are incredibly awful!)

          Delete
      5. Don't you just love easy wash days! I wish my bantu knots turned out like that! I tried it this weekend and it was a complete disaster!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Oh no!!! Le sigh! I'm so sorry to hear that chica! I hope that this #fail doesn't discourage you from trying again in the future!

          Delete
      6. Your hair looks great, KLP! I love how the two bantu knot curls look with the scarf. I'm adding this look to my hair inspiration board :) And yay for great wash days! HHJ, chica!! ;-)

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Thanks Drea! This look says "style" instead of "lazy"---like I felt!

          Delete
      7. What a fancy wash day you had!!! Your hair is lovely!

        ReplyDelete

      We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!