Friday, April 11, 2014

How To Display Your Running Bibs & Bling | Fitness Friday

A few weeks ago, Keyda and I ran in our first 5k of 2014. We had an amazing time and the proceeds supported a lovely cause. We were both so amped that we're getting ready for two more races this summer! Because this was my favorite race to date, I wanted to do something special to commemorate it. It's #FitnessFriday *fist pump* and of course I'm linking up with the awesome Ebony of Longing4Length, and fiercely fabulous Britt of One&20, to share how I'm showing off my race running bib and bling. 

Here's what you'll need:


Picture Frame: I bought this picture frame a million years ago and found it sitting in my laundry area. I love it for this project because it has "shadow box" depth, meaning that I can fill it up with other tokens and treasures that don't lay flat. 

Race Day Selfies: Well this pic wasn't exactly a selfie. Shout out to Marc (Keyda's boo) for braving the rain and an all women race to capture this snap for us!

Race Bling: I LOVE RACE BLING! I wore my medal all day after the race.

Race Bib: I keep all of my race bibs. I totally consider them badges of honor.


Here's another super chic but simple display clipboard from Simply Kierste that I wish that I would have found before I started my project! Especially since I have a little more race bling that needs a home. A couple clothes pins, hot glue, and scrapbook paper---then Viola!






Let's inspire together! Create a fitness related blog post and link up every Friday with me, KLP of SavingOurStrands, Ebony of Longing4Length, and Britt of One&20

Fitness Friday Linkup RULES

  1. ​Follow your hosts: SavingOurStrands, Longing4Length, and One&20 via Bloglovin'
  2. Fitness is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted---we not about that life!
  3. Inspire the Fitness Friday contributor that linked up directly before you with an encouraging comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. (Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; So everyone gets love​!).
  4. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button which links back to the Fitness Friday page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.


Besitos!
KLP





4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I really love your pictorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations KLP!! Always wanted to run a 5k but my friends are either too lazy or too busy to train. I've thought of doing it solo but its so much more fun/easier when you have someone you know running alongside of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely more fun with running buddies. If your amigas aren't about the running life check out www.blackgirlsrun.com for a local running group to join. The #BGR ladies are amazingly supportive and dedicated! I was super lucky that Keyda and my cousin were able to run together this race.

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!