Friday, April 25, 2014

Muay Thai Class | Fitness Friday


Hola Chicas!


So, I have been working hard in between dance shows! (Yes, I have another one this weekend! - with my own choreography :D) I have been going to Muay Thai classes with Mark for the last three weeks! We have been attending classes at a local Mixed Martial Arts Gym.
My Fighting Stance! 

What is Muay Thai?

Muay Thai is a form of martial art that is considered the "art of eight limbs". It utilizes your elbows, knees, hands, and feet. It is also considered Thai Kick boxing.

Class Set up:

We normally start with simple warm ups like jogging or sprints. There is a lot of strength and conditioning that is done through out the class. Honestly, I did not think I would make it through my first class! The high kicks then the sprints then the push ups...etc. I thought I was going to pass out! :P

I pushed through with my water lol. Every class has focused on a different limb and how you can use it. I have learned that my legs are STRONG. I have been taught the fundamentals of kneeing and kicking. We continuously work through combos (punching then kneeing and so forth) to further build up our ability to fight well.

The Reality:

I LOVE IT! I feel so confident and safe. It may seem silly but I honestly feel like I could take anyone that wants to go! Hah I just realize that I am stronger then I think and I learned the right way to defend myself. If you have not taken a mix martial arts or kick boxing class, I would recommend that you GET WITH IT! You will get a great workout, while learning how to handle business if necessary.  :)

My must stay pinned up or in a bun for class. It is irritating if it is any other way. Plus, I sweat like crazy so I need it to stay contain. I also find myself doing a mini wash midweek when I take 2 classes...stinky hair = no bueno! lol 

Which mix martial arts classes have you taken!?

xoxo
Keyda

6 comments:

  1. Muy Thai is next on my list of classes to take! There is a little muy thai mixed into my body combat class and I really like the moves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you're ready to kick butts! lol I would really love to try a martial arts class someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you have to try one. Most places offer first class free ! :)

      Delete
  3. I have never tried any martial arts but this sounds realy cool, will look them up

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!