Monday, April 21, 2014

Healthy Hairology Medley

Me with Minion #1
What is Healthy Hairology Medley? It's simply the place where I share my favorite healthy hair tips, tricks, and techniques from bloggers, vloggers, and forums for you each week with the occasional mention of simply cool stuff. A little warning: I'm a little obsessed with all things hair related. But wait---but you already knew that huh? Ha-ha! Here is the best of the best from last week:


Protective Twist N Bun Style Hairstyle
Protective Twist N Bun Style Hairstyle Tutorial blackhairinformation: I need to trademark the saying "Buns don't have to be boring" because I say it all.the.time. Just in case you need more proof check out this GAWGEOUS style from Tiffany. It totally looks more intricate than it really is.

Transitioning Talk justgrowalready: I just want to give Jeni a shout out and e-fist bump for deciding to transition! You betta get it girl! We'll be cheering you on every step of the way chica!

Healthy Hair Journey 2 Years and Counting myhealthyhairdiary: I can totally relate to and understand the annoyance when you have certain length expectations for your hair and you just don't quite make it there. However, I love how Candice is turning her setback into a setup for greatness. And---her mane's thickness is to die for!
How To Do A Successful Braidout allthingscurly: I'm actively compiling a list of links to banging braidout tutorials. Why? Because my braidout technique is pretty terrible. But I'm convinced that one day, with a ton of practice---I will get it right!

How well do you know your butters? camillescorner: I love me some hair butter! But the ingredients can definitely get confusing. Check out Camille's guide to all things butter!



Bantu Knot Tutorial tressedforsuccess: I'm madly in love with bantu knots. But that's not really new! If you're struggling with your bantu knots or want to try them for the first time, check out MJ's amazeball step by step tutorial with a great tip for elongating your curls!

Besitos!
KLP

8 comments:

  1. That bantu knot came out great, mine never comes out well and I always have to use hair pins/clips to hold them :( but I'm not giving up I'm going to try using different products once I come off my buying ban lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad that you're not giving up. They totally take practice!

      Delete
  2. Awww that momma and minion #1 photo made me smile! I love how you are both wearing denim jackets so cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydz! We took our family spring pics over the weekend.

      Delete
  3. You and your minion look so adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! She's made of God's love, rainbow sprinkles, and glitter!

      Delete
  4. Amazing shout out! the picture of you and your daughter, priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely one of my fave pics from our shoot this weekend. Thanks doll!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!