Friday, April 04, 2014

Eggs For Longer Healthier Hair | Fitness Friday


It's #FitnessFriday! *throw the confetti! pop the bottles---de agua* I chat a lot about food's role in my fitness goals because---well---my eating habits are sketchy at best. Thanks to my mini muffin top, I'm realizing that what I eat really does matter and no amount of time at the gym will rectify me devouring an entire big of jelly beans in one sitting. Inspired by my grumbling mid-morning tummy, leftover Mesquite Grilled Steak, a fabulous article about huevos in April's Women's Health Mag, today I'm sharing why brunch and longer healthier hair go hand in hand.

Breakfast/Brunch- Appetite Regulator 
After fasting all night, your body is running on fumes. High protein foods take longer to digest, you feel full sooner and for longer periods of time.


Eggs- Protein Powered Goodness
Eating eggs feeds your muscles and your hair zinc, iron, and B vitamins to keep your strands strong from the inside out. Plus, eggs also contain biotin, known around the way to support faster hair growth. 

Spinach- Dark Leafy VegetablesInitially loading up on spinach was a way to increase my iron levels and keep my body feeling energized without the necessity of an daily iron supplement. Then, I discovered that research has shown that low iron levels play a role in hair loss. Yuck! My dark leafy iron rich greens are here to stay!

This recipe is totally a win/win for me because I get to be cheap frugal: Leftover steak, stupid cheap eggs, and horrary for using up whatever veggies you have before it spoils in the fridge. Plus, I can't be strong if my body is made up of jelly beans!

Let's inspire together! Create a fitness related blog post and link up every Friday with me, KLP of SavingOurStrands, Ebony of Longing4Length, and Britt of One&20

Fitness Friday Linkup RULES

  1. ​Follow your hosts: SavingOurStrands, Longing4Length, and One&20 via Bloglovin'
  2. Fitness is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted---we not about that life!
  3. Inspire the Fitness Friday contributor that linked up directly before you with an encouraging comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. (Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; So everyone gets love​!).
  4. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button which links back to the Fitness Friday page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.


Besitos!
KLP





14 comments:

  1. I love eating spinach too. I had no idea low iron caused hair loss. Great info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy right? Just another reason to load up on tons of green veggies!

      Delete
  2. MMMMM! This looks so yummy! Steak and eggs are two of my favorite foods :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sooo good! I had to remind myself to snap a pic before I ate it! I was so hungry!

      Delete
  3. oh your food editions always look amazing! You really model food well! am hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks Yvonne! Y'all are lucky to get pictures of this recipe because I was sooo hungry the day that I made this!

      Delete
  4. This is a great recipe. I'm not a huge steak person, but this looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't eat steak often, but when I do...it's for my hair *in my Dos Equis due voice* Ha-ha!

      Delete
  5. God knows I love me some eggs! Great recipe will definitely try it out. We should have an egg a day challenge for hair growth lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-ha! The long hair obsessed chicas will do anything for an extra inch of growth!

      Delete
  6. Great post, I often have eggs and do a lot of exercise and I really do think it contributes to growing healthy hair :)

    mixed-hair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! When I first starting getting active, I was shocked at how my hair flourished. It's definitely incentive to keep working out!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a good start on a day! If you guys Want to pump up the iron level sprinkle some sunflower seed on top of it all. They contain three times as much iron per 100 gram. Spinach is so light in weight that it might be hard to get up to any decent levels of iron.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!