Monday, April 07, 2014

Healthy Hairology Medley

Head wrap love
What is Healthy Hairology Medley? It's simply the place where I share my favorite healthy hair tips, tricks, and techniques from bloggers, vloggers, and forums for you each week with the occasional mention of simply cool stuff. A little warning: I'm a little obsessed with all things hair related. But wait---but you already knew that huh? Ha-ha! Here is the best of the best from last week: 
Breaking One of the Detangling Commandments hairscapades: I have a confession. I don't detangle tip to root. *hangs head* But I have a good reason: most of my tangles are mid-strand generally around the line of demarcation. First I grab a section, pull the tangles apart, remove the shed hair then detangle from tip to root. No comb. No brush. Boy was a surprised to hear that Shelli does the same exact thing!
How to maintain your bangs for a week harlemhhj: I've always loved face framing hair styles--but for two really silly reasons: I have a big forehead and I feel like my head is quite large for my body. Ha-ha! I feel so naked with my hair completely slicked back. So, I could totally relate with Harlem shared why her bangs are a security blanket and how so preserves their oomph from wash day to wash day. 
My Crochet Braids {Using Braiding Hair adesiredbeauty: Big hair don't care! Crochet braids are another long term style that I've been crushing on. But y'all know that I'm have commitment-phobia so for now, I'm living vicariously through Melanie. *Flips imaginary waist length crochet braids* #dontjudgeme!

Double Braided Low Bun freshlengths: It's no secret that I love a good ol chic protective style. Lesley delievers with this very classy double braided low bun.

Hair Food anthinghairrelated: Your hair is what you eat...wait...that's not how that saying goes. Ha-ha! But it's totally true The food that fuels your body also contributes to healthy hair. Here are Shelia's favorite hair friendly eats. 
www.kisforkinky.com
What Frida Kahlo Taught Me kisforkinky: Everything about Frida Kahlo screams "I''m a boss AND I woke up like this". Her hair. Her style. Her attitude. She was okay being her and she made you feel like it was okay to be you. Check out what Paris' learned about her hair, life, and honesty from Frida.
Straightening Systems for Black Hair longing4length: The best part about our hair is it's versatility. Spring is here and there's no better way to celebrate than by switching things up a bit. If you're ready to give your hair a sleek straightening but don't know where to begin, read Ebony's outline of the best straightening systems on the market right now.

Besitos!
KLP

6 comments:

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!