Tuesday, April 08, 2014

How To Use Nexxus Emergencee on Relaxed Hair

It's no secret that I'm a fan of protein. I believe that using strengthening products that your hair loves helps minimize breakage, refortifies your tresses and maximizes length retention. Its been over 8 months since my last relaxer and I'm trying to defend my ends from breakage at all costs. Most hair obsessed chicas rave about Aphogee 2-Step---it wasn't my cup of tea. If you love the strengthening properties of Aphogee 2-Step, but like me, loathe the smell and consistency, then you'll love Nexxus Emergencee. The scent is mild and the formula is thick. Absolutely, no dripping! It dries quickly and makes my strands felt more swollen---almost thicker to touch. I use it whenever I notice that my ends feel a little ratty or when I see bits of breaking strands on my bathroom floor. Here how I use Nexxus Emergencee on my hair:

  1. Cleanse: Although my hair hates shampoo, I always apply Emergencee to freshly shampooed hair. Why? Because you want the protein to bond and be absorbed into your hair and it can't if your strands are covered in junk. My favorite shampoo is Matrix Biolage Hydrating Shampoo.
  2. Apply: Add an ample amount of Emergencee to completely cover the hair. If you're grossed out by the gel like consistency or trying to savor your manicure pick up a Sprush to make the process easier. Work through.
  3. Let Dry: Air dry or pop under your hooded dryer for 10-15 minutes just until the treatment hardens. Whatever you do, do not manipulate your hair for any reason once it starts to harden. It's tragic. I've been using my trusty Gold N Hot Hard Bonnet since 2009 to get the job done.
  4. Rinse- Thoroughly with warm water. Simply stand under the stray of your shower for 3-5 minutes while the water loosens and rinses the treatment. Again---do not manipulate your hair in any way until the treatment is rinsed.
  5. Deep Condition- Emergencee is a major protein treatment. Always follow up with a heated deep condition. A little Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm does the trick for my hair.
Have you used Nexxus Emergencee before? How do you use it?

Besitos!
KLP

8 comments:

  1. I've never used a hard protein treatment before! They scare me a little, ha. I do want to try one though and this does look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...with all of the horror stories floating around it's not surprising that a lot of people are afraid of "hard protein" treatments. But if you follow the directions and ALWAYS deep condition afterwards, I doubt that you'll have a disaster!

      Delete
  2. This is my favorite protein treatment. I cant use it much these days, but it is the best protein treatment out there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my absolute fave too! I used it while I was preggers without any issue.

      Delete
  3. How have I never grabbed this up? As much as I love Nexxus! I'm trading in Aphogee 2 Step for this, as it looks much easier to deal with. Thanks for giving us step-by-step instructions, chica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emergencee is hands DOWN easier to apply! Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!