Monday, February 18, 2013

Wash Day


Notes: Last week, I just let my styling creativity run a muck with braids and buns. I'm still kicking myself for not taking as many photos. Ugh! I'll remember next time. On to the mane event! (get it get it? Mane?---ha-ha!) Anywho...

(0) Detangled with my Magic Star Jumbo Rake in vertical sections. 
Pre-poo
(1) (Overnight) Pre-poo with Jamaican Black Castor Oil, my essential oil blend, on my scalp and Extra Virgin Coconut oil on the length of my hair.
(2) Shampooed first with Kenra Chelating Shampoo to clarify and then with Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo
(3) Protein Treatment- I haven't treated my tresses to a hard protein treatment in over a month. So, I saturated my hair in Nexxus Emergencee then cleaned my house.It air dried for about 3 hours.
(4) Green Tea Rinse with 2 tea bags and 2 cups of water. I wasn't sure that I actually wanted to do a green tea rinse today because my hair would already be hardened from the protein treatment but then I figured that if I was doing an extreme deep condition afterwards anyway that it wouldn't hurt. I stood under the spray of my shower for about 7 minutes to rinse the Emergencee completely. Then poured on the green tea and let it sit for another 5 minutes.
(5) Smoothing Treatment- Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment to the rescue. As usual, the tea rinse left my hair feeling very brittle and the smoothing treatment completely reversed that. After massaging it into my strands for 5 minutes (and doing a little detangling in the process) I rinsed to find my hair soft and very strong again! Hallelujah!
Deep Conditioning #ftw
(6) Extreme Deep Condition: Deep conditioning with heat after a protein treatment isn't suggested---it's mandatory! That is if you want to keep the hair on your head. I deep conditioned for an hour under my hooded dryer with 1 part Nexxus Humectress, 2 parts Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm and then coated my strands in extra virgin coconut oil. Then sat under the hooded dryer for an hour. I rinsed with cool water.

(7) Air dry- I decided to go heat free again this week so I let my hair air dry 85% then applied my leave ins.
Leave-ins aka SSK fighters
(7) Leave-ins- It's a 10! and Chi Silk infusion. I only found one SSK! Woot!


Results: I've committed to going heat free until my next relaxer in a few weeks. It's a good thing that I'm finding more and more protective styles to rock with my Lion King fluffy mane! Instead of dreading the spring--I'm actually looking forward to it and thinking about how I want to wear my hair!

How was your wash day?
 
Un mil besitos!

KLP

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!