Sunday, February 10, 2013

Wash Day

Today's Wash Pre-poo
Notes: I really couldn't wait to wash my hair this weekend. I'm not sure if this is just in my imagination but every time that I massage JBCO into my scalp--I just feel like my brain can't breathe. This castor oil is incredibly thick but regardless of how little I use--it just feels like too much. I did a JBCO scalp massage last Thursday and it is definitely the last time that I'll do that unless its a wash day!

(0) Detangled with my Magic Star Jumbo Rake. Again, I detangled in vertical sections instead of horizontal like last week.  
After adding my pre-poo
(1) (Moisture Max) Pre-poo with Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Scalp Toner, my essential oil blend, and Mizani Moisturefusion Silk Cream conditioner.  Covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hooded dryer for about 55 minutes.
(2) Shampooed with Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo
(3) Green Tea Rinse with 2 tea bags and 2 cups of water
(4) Smoothing Treatment- massaged Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment into my hair and let sit for about 5 minutes
(5) Extreme Deep Condition with Halka Baba de Caracol + a little Chi Silk Infusion and then sat under the hooded dryer for an hour. I rinsed with cool water.
(6) Air dry- I decided to go heat free this week so I let my hair air dry 100% then applied my leave ins. I just find it easier to detangle dry vs. dripping wet tex-laxed hair. When I don't properly detangle my hair (especially once I get 8+ weeks since my last relaxer) I start to get tons of single strand knots. They are a pain to get rid of and require more patience then I usually can muster.
(7) Leave-ins- Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector + EVCO (Extra Virgin Coconut Oil


Big 'Ol Poofy Hat Bun
Results: Big Poofy Hair! Ha-ha! I have a love/hate relationship with my big poofy hair. It's not sleek or smooth. It rarely behaves. Then at the same time it makes the biggest, fluffiest lazy day buns in the world---can't go wrong with that!

How was your wash day?
 
Un mil besitos!

KLP

2 comments:

  1. I've never had that experience with JBCO at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe its all in my head--I do have an overactive imagination! In spite of the icky feeling it leaves on my scalp, I do intend on finishing my bottle.

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!