Thursday, February 21, 2013

SOS: Protective Styling- Only Minutes to Win it

Time is a precious commodity in my world. Often times I find myself tired of being tired of being stretched thin. So if I want to cross off everything on my to-do list--I've gotta be fast, efficient, and claro que si cute! Without further ado, I present to you the first in SOS hair's Only Minutes to Win It protective styling series. These styles will be created on heat free (when you don't have time to do rolos or whip out that flat iron) and air dried tresses. You'll be able to recreate in just a few simple steps with only a few hair pins, some moisturizer, and less than 5 minutes. After all, we only have minutes to win it!


Here's my first style:



Quick How to:
  1. Detangle and moisturize your hair.
  2. Split your hair into a deep side part. Then part that section from crown to ear. Pull this section (only) towards your face then flat twist starting at the roots and down to the ends.
  3. Flip the twist back then secure with a bobby pin near where you want the base of your bun. 
  4. Finger comb the rest of your hair back and use a metal-free elastic to secure a ponytail
  5. Twist your pony into a bun. Secure your bun with bobby pins.
I also love varying this style with a double strand twisted or braided. 

Enjoy!
Un mil besitos! KLP

8 comments:

  1. Love this, very cute and while I'm sure I'm struggle with it lol the nice clear instructions help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sweat! Once you get it, I promise that you'll be able to whip this style up in seconds.

      Delete
  2. Cute!! I love simplicity when it comes to my hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Simplicity is all you can afford when you have little ones running about!

      Delete
  3. Air dried hair is probably my favorite way to style my hair which is crazy b/c I used to think my hair had to be straight for everything! I look forward to checking out your future styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I used to think that too! Up until a few weeks ago, all that I could manage on air dried air was a curly high bun! Now I'm starting to realize that I can do the same or even better styles on fluffy air-dried hair! *winning*

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!