Tuesday, February 19, 2013

DIY Divas- Handmade Sugar Scrub

www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com
DIY: Handmade Sugar Scrub
Sugar scrubs are kinda my thing. I bought my first one almost 7 years ago on recommendation from a friend to soothe my super dry skin from my apartment's hard winter water. Since, I've made it my business to exfoliate using a smoothing oil and sugar scrub at least once a week regardless of the season. After purchasing them for years, it finally dawned on me that I was spending a small fortune and helping put someone else's kid through college! (Okay---I'm being dramatic here---but it was A LOT of money) Then I decided that I had sugar and oil in my pantry, why not make my own? I've made scrubs using all kinds of fragrances and all kinds of different oils. They are all based off of my starter recipe here:

Formula: 
Juice of one citrus fruit (orange, lime or lemon---whichever is your pleasure) 
2 cups regular sugar
1/4 cup of your favorite oil (sunflower, safflower, and sweet almond are my faves) 
1 tbsp Pure Vitamin E-oil 

Mix all ingredients together then use during an evening shower to smooth skin. Take handfuls massage gently over skin then rinse thoroughly. I guarantee that you won't even feel like you need lotions or creams afterwards! 

Enjoy! You deserve it!

Un mil besitos

KLP

4 comments:

  1. It's definitely better to make your own than buy one! I do love a sugar scrub :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better and easier! Plus I know that the ingredients are natural! No need to worry about allergic reactions.

      Delete
  2. Ummmmm I never knew of this!! Im trying :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I bet that you have all the ingredients in your pantry right now!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!