Sunday, February 03, 2013

Wash Day

Notes: Hello hydration! My hair was incredibly soft and smooth all week. Even after daily drenching workouts, my roots and edges were in pretty good shape for 7 weeks post relaxer. 

(0) Detangled with my Magic Star Jumbo Rake. Today, off a whim, I detangled in vertical sections instead of horizontal. I'm not sure if it matters, but I was 95% tangle free by the time that I went to roller set. I thnk that I'll give that method another try next wash day.
(1) (Protein Power) Pre-poo with Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Scalp Toner, my essential oil blend, Mizani Renew Strength Reconstructing Masque, and Organix Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Instant Recovery Mask. Covered with a warm towel for a little steam session then plastic cap and sat under the hooded dryer for about 30 minutes.
(2) Shampooed with Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Hydrating Shampoo
(3) Green Tea Rinse with 2 tea bags and 2 cups of water
(4) Smoothing Treatment- massaged Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment into my hair and let sit for about 5 minutes
(5) Extreme Deep Condition with Matrix Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm + a little more Argan Oil and then sat under the hooded dryer for an hour. I rinsed with cool water.
(6) Leave-ins- It's a 10 (without Keratin)+ Chi Silk Infusion
(7) Air dry- Partly then rolos
(8) Flat ironed my roots lightly

Results: This winter, my goal was to develop a formula to increase my hair's moisture and decrease the amount of shedding that I usually do in preparation for the spring and summer. Every spring, I shed like a mad man, so the more strands I save today, the better. I want my regimen to be proactive rather than reactive. I was so tempted to stop after rinsing out the smoothing treatment because my hair felt great. Smooth--check! Silky---check! Detangled---Check! But then I thought about my summer goals and I slapped on some more conditioner and popped a squat under the hooded dryer. I partly air dried today then roller set because I didn't want to use too much direct heat but I also wanted straight hair this upcoming week. Roller sets give me that option. The keys to a successful roller set is taut tension on the hair from the roller, smooth ends, ensuring that your hair is completely dry before removing the roller. I'd love to do more roller sets but its hard to find the time to sit under the dryer until my rolos are dry! I planned on taking tons of pics...then I forgot. Don't shoot me! 

How was your wash day?
 
Un mil besitos!

KLP

2 comments:

  1. I need to get back too green/black tea rinses! Ive noticed a difference since I havnt kept it in my regimen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost forgot to do one last wash day--then I hopped out of the shower--suds and all to brew a cup. Oh the things that we do for our hair!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!