Monday, February 18, 2013

Heat free curls

This winter I've incorporated a new moisturizing shampoo (Matrix Biolage Hydrating Shampoo) into my regimen, attempted (easier said than done) to stay away from direct heat and protective styled like my life depends on it! But at times---my hair looks blah!---and lifeless. When I start to feel like a want a little pep in my locks--I turn to "no heat" curls. There are tons of methods that you can try to get the best curls. Here are a few that work my tex-laxed tresses:  

  • Over night bun. I gather my hair in sky high pony then twist into a bun then secure with a pin. I use it on either completely dry, moisturized and detangled air dried hair or hair that is still a little damp for a tighter curl.    
  • Satin rollers. I'll wrap 1-2" sections of my hair around satin covered rollers for soft bouncy curls over night.My favorites are Hype Hair satin rollers.
You can also use flexi-rods, bobby pins to create pin curls, braids of different sizes or even different types of knots. The best part about finding a method that works for you is getting to test out new products!


Un mil besitos
KLP

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!