Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mini Wash Day

Notes: The moisture and strength that I gained from my previous wash day lasted all week. I was able to style with ease and I even came up with another 5 minute or less go to style. No heat weeks are definitely more fun when I can experiment with different looks. Let me know if you enjoy the "Minute to Win it" protective styling series! We'll add more styles if you're interested. 
I skipped pre-poo and shampooing this week. I want to keep my moisture levels up now that I'm in the thick of my stretch. Last year, I stretched for 16-20 weeks, but I think that this year, I'm going to shorten my stretches to see if it curbs breakage. Plus air drying and styling 16+ weeks post relaxer hair was no fun. (Which is why my flat iron used to be my bff!) On with my mini wash:


Mini Wash Day Products

(0) Detangled with mMagic Star Jumbo Rake in vertical sections. 

(1) Extreme Deep Condition: Applied Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Scalp Toner and my essential oil blend to my scalp and Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm to the length of my hair. Then I coated my strands in extra virgin coconut oil watched a movie under my new heating cap for about two hours. 
(2) Green Tea Rinse with 2 tea bags and 2 cups of water. Today I used a narrow tip applicator bottle to apply my rinse to my scalp while I was showering. I let the rinse sit on my hair for about 5 minutes. I'm in love with this technique! Its so much easier and it prevents me from having to disturb my roots (and thus tangling up my at least 1 1/2 inches of nuevo crecimiento). Plus I feel like I'm getting the rinse on my scalp--which is where I really want it to be!
(3) Smoothing Treatment- massaged Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment into my hair and let sit for about 7 minutes. I rinsed with cool water.
(4) Air dry- I decided to go heat free again this week so I let my hair air dry 85% then applied my leave ins and detangled.
(5) Leave-ins- It's a 10! and Chi Silk infusion. No SSKs! Woot!

All of the hair from the entire
 wash process including pre & post detangling
Results: Beautifully moisturized and soft, big fluffy hair and the smallest amount of hair shed during a wash day in about a year! I'm not sure if this is a fluke or not, but I'm excited. I haven't done much differently except, I've been applying Philip Kingsley Flaky/Itchy Scalp Toner mid week to my scalp (Without fear of reverting my roots) and being sure that I detangle and moisturize at least every other day. I just hope that this trend continues!

How was your wash day? Do you have a mini wash day routine?

Un mil besitos!
KLP

3 comments:

  1. that's the smallest amount of hair shed I'v ever seen in my life haha !!!
    hope you enjoyed your wash day !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *BIG smile* I was quite giddy cleaning out my shower drain! Fingers crossed that this isn't a fluke and I end up with a small rodent in my drain next wash day! Thanks for following the blog!

      Besitos!

      Delete
    2. loool you're welcome !!
      It's an interesting one !!
      As soon as I get some free time, I'll read all your post from the begining haha !

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!