Wednesday, May 28, 2014

[Hairstyle] Braided Mohawk | The #WashDayExperience





My hair has been on it's very best behavior the last couple of weeks. Detangling hasn't been all that miserable and my shedding is completely under control. I figured that it was the perfect time (if there is a such thing!) to try some new products. Here's how I washed my hair this week:
  1. Pre-Shampoo- I gently detangled with my fingers and slathered on extra virgin coconut oil. 
  2. Shampoo- with Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Grower Shampoo bar.
  3. Extreme deep condition- I deep conditioned with Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Smoothie then I massaged my stands with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for an hour.
  4. Rosemary Green Aloe Hair Rinse- After rinsing the conditioner, I applied 1 part steeped green tea + 1 part aloe vera juice + 2 springs of rosemary, using a narrow tip applicator to my strands--focusing on the roots. I let it sit for a few minutes then rinsed.
  5. Smoothing Treatment- with a large dollop of Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution.
  6. Air Dried- to 80-85% wrapped in a cotton t-shirt.
  7. Leave ins- I used the LOC(B) method, starting with a little (O)Carol's Daughter Hair Balm, (C)Jessicurl Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, + my kitchenista (B)Tangerine Vanilla Whipped Hair Butter, I faux banded to stretch the roots.
The Results:
I gave Carol's Daughter another try and yet again another set of products yield *meh shoulder shrug* results. The conditioner was decent. I hate the scent of the hair balm. (It lingers forever!) The hair honey was interesting enough to try again to smooth my edges. We had so much going on last weekend from bbqs to lounging at the beach to putting in several sweat sessions enjoying the beautiful weather. I whipped my hair into this cute Naptural85's braided Mohawk using about 3/4 pack of Kanekalon hair. I love the way that it kept my hair tidy while I smashed my hubby in badminton.

How was your wash day?

Besitos!
KLP



The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES

  1. Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
  2. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code into your blog post.
  3. Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring  comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone! 




20 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I definitely am going to try that rosemary aloe rinse! My scalp has been so itchy lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like a charm every time. Plus I love how fresh my scalp feels afterwards. Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  2. I have not tried this line of products yet. My wash day was so terrible that I cannot wait to wash my hair again. But it looks like yours was wonderful. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tired a little more than a dozen Carol's Daughter product yet none have truly wowed me. I did really like Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner but I haven't repurchased.

      Delete
    2. I felt the same way when I tried the line years ago. I bought the black vanilla shampoo & conditioner which smelled fantastic, but I wasn't overly impressed with results. I also tried the hair milk on a wash and go, but didn't like it as it made my hair sticky. Finally, I also tried the healthy hair butter which I did not like at all on my relaxed hair but now that I'm transitioning it makes my new growth super soft and shiny. I'm glad I saved it!

      http://welaughanyway.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    3. It's crazy because every product that I try from CD, I end up gifting then that person RAVES about it. *looks at hair*---What's our problem? LOL!

      Thanks for stopping by Yalanda! Congrats on transitioning!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely LOVE the braid girly! The Bobeam Rootz Herbal Hair Grower Shampoo bar sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra! I think that I'll definitely do this style again. Shampoo bars are my IT right now. I wish that I had discovered them earlier!

      Delete
  4. That braid is looking pretty long KLP! Cute style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that I could say that it's mine! LOL. I used about 3/4 pack of Kanekalon hair just like Naptural85 did in the tutorial.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear the CD products didn't impress you at least your hair came out great, the braided mohawk is fab, when I seen the picture I said "KLP's hair has grown alot!" It seems like everyone is ditching their winter buns and experimenting more with new styles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that braid, KLP! You did such a good job with it. Naptural85 is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time using Kanekalon hair since I was in middle school! But I agree with Naptural85, it's hard to get the fullness without it.

      Thanks for stopping by chica!

      Delete
  7. At first i thought the braid was your hair. It came out really well, very natural looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was! My hair is certainly long enough to do a french braid but the intricacy and fullness of the style definitely needed a little extra something something. LOL. Weirdly---I get weave checked when I straighten my hair but I didn't with this style at all!

      Delete
  8. I reached out to Carol's Daughter to see if they offer prods for protein sensitive hair. I got some recs so I might give it a try. Your braid is cutie patootie. I want an oversize hat like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed this conditioner after rinsing and all that jazz, but my hair has been awful dry this week. I know that it's not the shampoo bar or my leave ins---I hope that the culprit wasn't the conditioner. *sad face cause I got an entire JAR left*

      Delete
  9. By some miracle I managed to make it to the beach this weekend but I forgot my oversized hat. My hair was not happy.

    I ordered 3 Bobeam shampoo bars and they arrived today, can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost forgot mine---then made my fam wait outside in the car while I went to find it! Protect your hair + look fab? YES please!

      I hope that you LOVE bobeam. I really want to try Goat's Milk & Honey Shampoo Bar next.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!