Thursday, May 08, 2014

[Hairstyle] Goddess Braid Styles

KLP and I love braiding our hair into up-dos or other classic styles. We especially HEART goddess braids. They are simple, easy, and quick, plus they're fun and flirty for the summer. Who doesn't love a sassy protective style? We like to jazz it up with a curly bang or even swirl the ends into a bun. Here's how we do our goddess braid:

How To Do A Goddess Braid: 


  1. Begin with detangled and moisturized hair. KLP's Tip: "Starting on an old bantu knot set gives your braids added fullness"
  2. Divide your hair in half. Deep side parts flatter all faces in this style. Keyda's Tip: Leave a small section out to fame your face.
  3. Start your dutch braid at the front then braid away from your face. Stay close to your edges and braid all the way down to the back.
  4. Repeat on the other side. KLP's Tip: Fluff your braid by picking it apart a little.
  5. Cross the two braids in the back and secure them with bobby pins. Keyda's Tip: Add a bow or headband to accessorize.
Once you get the braid down, this style literally only takes 5 mins or less! This style is all over the red carpet. Our hair muse Tracee Ellis Ross is famous for them! 


Do you do Goddess Braids? What are your tips for perfection? 
Besitos! 
XOXO
Keyda

14 comments:

  1. My favourite braided style, love the variation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely a style where you can sport a bang, add a bow, or twist it up into a bun to get a different look each time. I love it!

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorite styles. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so simple but sassy! Expect to see me in these a lot this summer!

      Delete
  3. OMG. I love these so much. I am about to attempt to do these myself with extensions. (Something I've never done before) they're so simple and your hair is out of the way and safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that I could help but I've never done them with extensions either. I hope that you post a tutorial chica!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love goddess braids, but i just can cornrow, i make an inverted cornrow which doesn't give me the same thickness. Love your braids though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I couldn't also! But keep giving it a try! It took me a while :) I love the style now! quick and easy!!

      Delete
  5. Love your hair in all the pics. I wish I could easily do goddess braids! Tracee Ellis Ross also looks very nice in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep trying Ms. D. I trust me, once you figure out what braid style is easier for you to do on yourself, where to part your hair so that it's more flattering, and how to stretch out your hair to make it easier to braid---you'll have it in the bag!

      Thanks for stopping by hun!

      Delete
  6. You're a style queen. I officially crown you, my dear.
    Divachyk | Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!