Monday, May 05, 2014

Healthy Hairology Medley


What is Healthy Hairology Medley? It's simply the place where I share my favorite healthy hair tips, tricks, and techniques from bloggers, vloggers, and forums for you each week with the occasional mention of simply cool stuff. A little warning: I'm a little obsessed with all things hair related. But wait---but you already knew that huh? Ha-ha! Here is the best of the best from last week:

Any More Relaxed Hair Blogs/Vlogs Left? sizzelle: Fresh off the announcements by Jeni of JGA, Ebony of Longing4Length, Tracyee of KISS, and Sdestra of sdestrahairjourney that they are transitioning (Congrats chicas!) Dr Fomsky wonders if there are any relaxed chicas left online.

 
A Tiny Hair Styling Routine caseofthetinycloset: Can't detangle without wanting to cry? Can't style without getting frustrated? Can't do anything with in your in less than two hours? You might need a trim and Natalie's new look will make you want to trim!



Pin Curls On Sew In Weave kibibihair: Need a fabulous way to give your hair some va-va-volume? Try pin curls! Ms. Kibibi shows you how.

Curly vs Straight belowthawaist: Abbi just wrote the story of my life with this rebate. Everyone in my family thinks that I'm natural. My four year old told me that she didn't like my straight hair because it didn't look like hers. My hubby is completely unimpressed with my flat ironed hair. I've even seen my hair styles on Pinterest tagged as "natural." I'm not offended or annoyed, it's just really hard to explain to people that my hair is texlaxed.

curlformers-set-with-camille-rose-naturals-aloe-whipped-butter-gel-after-separating-curls-with-oyin-handmade-burnt-sugar-pomade
Curlformers with Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel thefeistyhouse: Curlformers, like flexirods, have been on my must try list forever and a day. So when I see beautiful sets like Krystal's, I drool a little. #dontjudgeme! 
Who did you bookmark this week?

Besitos!
KLP

12 comments:

  1. THANKS as usual for this blog round up. Love them all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yesssssssssssssssssss, thank you!
    i'm already familiar with abbi (hey girl, heyyy!) but will check the other blogs you mentioned later on this evening!

    thank you for sharing !

    :)
    vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love Natalie's blog! Her pics are perfection and her writing style makes you feel like y'all have been girlfriends since middle school!

      Delete
  3. its crazy that the relaxed hair gurus that i followed so diligently are now transitioning! but hey, im not complaining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just don't bother to explain that I'm texlaxed to certain people, especially when they act like natural hair is a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! My cousin is transitioning but having trouble styling her hair. As I'm explaining bantu knots to her, my grandmother jumps in the conversation announcing that my cousin and I don't have the same hair texture and that my cousin's hair looked a mess. I was HOT! With the utmost respect: Discouragement is real and the very last thing that my cousin needed was anyone spitting doubt. If she wants to transition then mind your business and keep it moving! But your rudeness is unnecessary!

      Delete
  5. Nice list. I enjoyed going through them, especially the bloggers transitioning. It'll be great transitioning with company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Transitioning is more fun when you're in great company!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for the feature on your roundup! And such wonderful company to be in =)

    Krystal K.
    The Feisty House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome doll! Thanks for having such an amazing blog!

      Delete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!