Thursday, May 22, 2014

Quick Wash Day | Keyda


Hola Chicas!

After exploring on instagram, I came across "oil rinsing" posted by @LuvThyMane (picture was from Kyss of www.kyssmyhair.com) which was new to me! lol I have done hot oil treatments and used oil within my pre-poo but never have thought of a "oil rinse". Have you tried this method? Anyways, my wash day was a rather quick one and I loved it!


[A] Detangled hair with my fingers. Massaged Philip Kingsley Scalp Toner in my scalp as well.

[B] Cowashed with Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner - I loves it. Review in the works!

Now the "new-to-me" technique

[C] Sectioned my hair, then massaged warm Olive Oil with drops of Peppermint, Rosemary and Eucalyptus into my roots. Then I put Organix Awapuhi Ginger Recovery Mask over length of my hair. Then I comfortably watched TV under my heat cap :) for roughly 40 mins (this my own addition).

[D] Leave-ins were Nexxus Root Lift Mist and Organix Coconut Anti-breakage Serum.

Air Dried for 85% then low heat blow dried with tension at my roots


My Hair Reality: This was the easiest hair wash, I have ever had.  In my opinion, it was like a deep pre-poo/DC labeled an "oil rinse". Unless I did something wrong lol. All in all, my hair ten times softer and strong. I feel like something so simple, yet I never thought to do that. It also lowered the amount of product I placed in my hair. So, my hair did not feel heavy and less knots. I have been styling my hair in big twists! Luvs!

How was your wash day experience!?

xoxo

Keyda

13 comments:

  1. Keyda girl you've been missing out! lol. Oil rinsing is like fairy/pixie dust for our NG when we're deep into a stretch. Nice post and errr welcome to the bandwagon! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol who knew!? ... I am definitely riding the bandwagon now! hah!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE oil rinses! They are just FANTASTIC. I always do mine with sunflower oil, and I'm left with ridiculously, ridiculously soft and smooth hair that is really well-behaved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I am definitely going to try that today and use castor oil

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely want to jump onto this bandwagon too. It sounds like a great method to use in my transition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed many naturals use this method! So, I say go for it if your transitioning!

      Delete
  5. I did this with sweet almond oil a couple of times and I can't figure out why I stopped. It was a great addition

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will definitely try this on my next wash day :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard of this method but for some reason I always pictured someone pouring a bottle of oil on their hair and leaving it in. Silly I know. I will give this a try because I need something to keep my hair from drying out so quickly.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you! Leave a note!